Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Panasonic WV-NP472E. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Panasonic WV-NP472E.
If looking through the Panasonic WV-NP472E user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Panasonic WV-NP472E but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Panasonic WV-NP472E. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
Colour CCTV Camera
Model No. WV-NP472E
(Lens : option)
Before attempting to connect or operate this product,
please read these instructions carefully and save this manual for future use.
CAUTION RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK DO NOT OPEN We declare under our sole responsibility that the product to which this declaration relates is in conformity with the stan- dards or other normative documents following the provisions of Directive EEC/89/336. CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, Wij verklaren als enige aansprakelijke, dat het product waarop deze verklaring betrekking heeft, voldoet aan de volgende nor- DO NOT REMOVE COVER (OR BACK). men of andere normatieve documenten, overeen
CONTENTS PREFACE ..................................................................... 4 SET UP FROM THE PC ................................................ 22 Features .................................................................... 4 PREPARATIONS FOR THE PC .................................... 22 Computer Requirements .......................................... 4 ■ Connections .......................................................... 22 Trademarks ..........................................
PREFACE Panasonic’s WV-NP472 camera features functions for network access besides high-level picture quality developed for conventional video surveillance purposes. Features Trademarks • 10/100BASE-T terminal enables your PC to view • Adobe, Adobe logos, and Acrobat are registered camera images via the network. trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the • SD II (super dynamic) system allows a wide range U.S. and/ or other countries. of 46 dB while preventing images from being • Microsoft, W
PRECAUTIONS 1. The installation should be made by qualified 5. Clean the CCD faceplate with care. service personnel or system installers. Do not clean the CCD with strong or abrasive detergents. Use lens tissue or a cotton tipped 2. Do not attempt to disassemble the camera. applicator with ethanol. To prevent electric shock, do not remove screws or covers. 6. Never face the camera toward the sun. Do not aim the camera at bright objects. Whether There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Ask
MAJOR OPERATING CONTROLS AND THEIR FUNCTIONS q w e !1 !2 !3 ALARM IN ALARM OUT AUX OUT DAY/NIGHT IN GND AB VIDEO OUT POWER DC 12V RCV IN WV –NP472 10BASE-T/ !0 100BASE-TX !4 LINK r u i t yo Slide the panel to the left until it locks. q Auto Iris Lens Connector !0 Network Port with Indicators (10BASE-T/ Connects the auto iris lens with a 4-pin male con- 100BASE-TX/RCV/LINK) nector supplied as a standard accessory (Part No. Connects to a PC or a network via a hub with a YFE4191J100). 10BASE-T/100B
WV-NP472 NP472 INSTALLATIONS • Mounting the Lens Mounting and Adjusting the Lens Notes: • Replacement of Auto Iris Lens Connector • Using the lens having improper protrusion will If necessary, replace the existing lens connector with damage the camera. The protrusion of the lens into the type YFE419J100 supplied. the camera body should be within the length indi- 1. Cut the existing lens connector from the iris control cated in the figure. cable at its end. 2. Process the cable end as shown in th
WV-NP472 NP472 CP470 • Flange-back Adjustment • Mounting from the Top The adjustment is required only when a lens without 1. Remove the mounting adapter from the bottom of focus-adjusting mechanism is mounted, or when a lens the camera. with adjusting mechanism is mounted and focus that is more accurate is needed. 2. Attach the mounting adapter on top of the camera as shown in the figure. 1. Loosen the flange-back fixing screw on the flange- back adjusting ring. Fixing Screws 2. Turn the flange-
CONNECTIONS Control Terminal Connections Power-in Connections Connect relevant devices as shown in the figure. Notes: • Use only a class-2 power supply suitable to the voltage and current required by the camera. See ALARM IN specifications. Sensor • Use a UL listed cable (VW-1, style 1007) to pre- ALARM IN vent fire or electric shock. ALARM OUT AUX OUT DAY/NIGHT IN You can use the formula below to select the power GND supply, and power cable. The supplied voltage to the power-in terminals must b
• Connection to Intranet (Type 2) Note: Apply proper measures to protect the camera from thunderbolts if your system is possibly dam- aged. As a protection, for example, use a converter ALARM IN ALARM OUT that changes electric signals to optical signals AUX OUT DAY/NIGHT IN GND AB VIDEO OUT complying with 10BASE-F/100BASE-FX. POWER DC 12V RCV IN 10BASE-T/ 100BASE-TX LINK Network Cable (Straight type) Switching Hub PC (16 clients maximum) • Connection to Internet (Type 3) ALARM IN ALARM OUT AUX
OPERATING THE CAMERA You can operate the camera in two ways: from the PC by way of network, or locally from the camera or system ALARM IN device. ALARM OUT AUX OUT DAY/NIGHT IN GND AB VIDEO OUT POWER DC 12V RCV IN Network Cable (Cross type) Access from the PC 10BASE-T/ 100BASE-TX LINK Your PC can access the camera to view images and to set up menus. Prior to operating from the PC, confirm that connections 1. Enter an IP address, “http://192.168.0.10” for are made properly as shown in the previo
4. Set the following parameters. • Carry out only when the system has no DHCP server. • The new IP address should be within the same Note: Ask your system administrator about param- subnet. eters if you are unsure. • Procedures above will not function when the system is running normally. IP Address: Enter numbers 0 through 255 into four sections split by dots. 5. Click the SET & REBOOT button. The changed Netmask: Enter numbers 0 through 255 into four parameters will be validated, and the camera
PRIOR TO SET UP This section describes setup procedures common to Note: Confirm the entered IP address when neither accesses from the PC and from the camera. The PC the dialog box nor the main page appears. can control more functions than camera itself, e.g. You may need to re-enter the IP address. transmitting images to FTP server, sending alarm notice mail, auxiliary device control, clock setup, and LED 3. Enter the registered user name and password. control. Note: Enter “admin” when you oper
7. Move the cursor to CAMERA O, and click the 2. Move the cursor to SET UP DISABLE. ENTER button. CAM SET UP opens. 3. Press the I button. DISABLE will change to ENABLE, and the camera is now ready to be set up. Note: While DISABLE is displayed, setup opera- tions are disabled. 4. Move the cursor to CAMERA O, and press the I button. The CAM SET UP opens. Notes: • Refer to the next page for setup operations. • Return the menu to the one in which END is displayed on the bottom, then go to the
SETTING PROCEDURES The following pages describe setting operations from the camera. For accessing from the PC, interpret these instructions as follows. Function From the Camera From the PC Opening the camera setup menu Hold down the I button for 2 seconds. Click the Camera Setup button in the main page to display the menu control buttons. Click the Menu ON button. Closing the camera setup menu Press the I button while the cursor is at Click the Menu OFF button. END. Opening a more detailed setu
To edit the CAMERA ID 2. Light Control Setting (ALC/ELC) 1. Move the cursor to CAMERA ID. You can select the mode for adjusting the lens iris. The factory default setting is OFF. ALC: If you use a auto iris lens, select this parameter. 2. Press I. The CAMERA ID menu appears. The ELC: If you use a fixed or manual iris lens, select this cursor on the letter “0” is highlighted. parameter. 3. Move the cursor to the character you want to edit The factory default setting is ALC. by pressing L/M/J/ K
2-2. ALC Mode with SUPER-D2 OFF and ELC 6. If you want to change the video output level (pic- Mode ture contrast), move the “I” cursor for LEVEL and adjust the level. Note: If ELC is selected, set MASK SET according to this procedure. Turns to white 1. Move the cursor to SUPER-D2 and select OFF. Blinking (When you select ELC, SUPER-D2 is not available.) MASK SET appears on the menu. ** ALC CONT ** BACK LIGHT COMP SUPER-D2 OFF MASK SET Note: If ON is selected for SUPER-D2, a shadow (
5. Electronic Sensitivity Enhancement 1. The colour temperature is out of the 2 600 - 6 000 K range. (SENS UP) 2. When the scene contains mostly high colour tem- There are two modes for SENS UP. perature objects, such as a blue sky or sunset. AUTO: If you select X10 AUTO, for example, the 3. When the scene is dim. sensitivity is automatically raised to X10 max. In these cases, select the AWC mode. When AUTO is selected, AGC is automatically set to ON. •ATW2 (Auto-Tracing White Balance 2) FIX: If
Manual Fine Adjustment for AWC (ATW) Notes: You can set the white balance items manually. • When the camera is not used in a Panasonic 1. To set MASK SET, proceed as described in steps 2 Intelligent CCTV System, select OFF. to 4 of “ALC mode with SUPER-D2 OFF and ELC Otherwise, video equipment may malfunction mode”. because of the alarm signal misinterpretation for a 2. Move the cursor to R. time code signal. 3. Press L or M to obtain the optimum amount of • The motion detector may malfunction w
10. Special Menu Note: Because the type of light source is detected based on information received This menu lets you adjust and set up the video signal of from the CCD image pickup element, an the camera to meet your requirements. object that is constantly moving or has the Move the cursor to RET in the bottom line of the CAM same colour as its background may not SET UP menu and press L and M simultaneously always be properly recognized. When (holding down L and press M) for 2 seconds or choosin
|1||Panasonic AJ- P||Digital Camera||18|
|2||Panasonic AJ-D215P||Digital Camera||16|
|3||Panasonic AJ-D900WP||Digital Camera||12|
|4||Panasonic AJ-D900WAP||Digital Camera||20|
|5||Panasonic AJ-D610WA||Digital Camera||11|