Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Mini R53. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Mini R53.
If looking through the Mini R53 user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Mini R53 but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Mini R53. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
Parts and Accessories
Installation kit, sound module
MINI (R50/R53) Left-hand drive (LHD)
Not suitable for vehicles with on-board monitor radio
Not suitable for vehicles with "NG*" car radio
Not suitable for vehicles with SA 674 ("harman/kardon" HiFi system)
The installation time of approx. 2.5 hours can vary depending on the condition and equipment of
Retrofit/installation kit No. 82 83 0 136 491
* New Generation
Retrofit/installation kit No.: 82
Contents Section Page Important Information. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3 1. Preparation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 2. Schematic installation and routing diagram . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 3. Connection overview, adapter lead and power cable . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6 4. Install
Important Information Read out the defect code memories before disconnecting the battery and on completion of assembly. It is possible that the connections and/or pin assignments change during the course of further development. For this reason, the currently valid ETM (Electrical Troubleshooting Manual) must always be used for installation purposes. Jumpers, double crimp connections or parallel connections will be required if the specified pin chambers are occupied. Take care not to
1. Preparation 0 Carry out quick test Disconnect negative terminal of battery The following components must be disassembled or re- moved beforehand: Battery with battery box Instrument cluster Radio Front left door trim panel Front right door trim panel Remove woofers/mid-range speakers in front doors (no longer required) Release rear left side trim panel in front area Release rear right side trim panel in front area Remove speakers in rear side sections (no longer required) Retrofit/i
2. Schematic installation and routing diagram 0 Key 0 1 Amplifier 2 Fuse (20 A) 3 Power cable with fuse holder at B+ (see B2 on Page 6) 4 Adapter lead 5 Woofer/mid-range speaker 6 Tweeter 7 Coax speaker 8 Car radio connector 9 Connector for standard wiring harness 10 Vehicle ground connection (see A3 on Page 6) Retrofit/installation kit No.: 82 83 0 136 491 EN/5 Installation instruction No.: 01 29 0 139 395 Status: 06.2001
3. Connection overview, adapter leads and power cables 0 0 Wire colour/ Designation/ Item Description Signal Connection location in vehicle cross plug-in slot section --- --- --- --- A Adapter lead A1 17-pin pin housing 17-pin radio plug connector X2519 X2* --- --- on vehicle wiring harness --- --- A2 17-pin socket housing radio in instrument panel X2519 A3 Cable shoe 6 mm Ground brown/ ground terminal point, splashboard --- 2 4 mm in engine compartment --- --- A4 25-pin socket
4. Installing and connecting adapter lead and power cable 0 0 As illustrated, install adapter lead A as follows: Route branch A1 and A2 to installation location of radio. Route branch A4 to place of installation of instrument cluster. Route branch A3 and A5 through rubber grommet (1) into engine compartment and use sealing compound to seal off rubber grommet (1) from engine side. Fit excess length of wiring harness (2) under
5. Installing amplifier 0 0 Unscrew Torx screws (1). Remove connector (2), white 18-pin connector housing, together with retaining fixture from carrier (5). Remove sticker (3) and clean adhesion point with spirits. Cut out mounting bracket for controls (4) in marked area (arrows)!3 0 0 Disconnect connector (2), white 18-pin connector housing, and route behind strut (1). Reconnect plug connection and use cable strap to secure connector (2) in a suitable position. 0 0 F
5. Installing amplifier 0 0 Do not soil adhesive surface of adhesive strip (3) when installing amplifier (1). 3 Install amplifier (1) as illustrated, turn into horizontal position and push upward. Route wiring harness (2) up to amplifier (1). 0 0 Firmly secure amplifier (1) and struts (3) with existing Torx screws (4) on carrier (2). Press amplifier (1) with adhesive strip (5) onto carrier (2) and adhere in position. It must be possible to install and secure the instrument cl
6. Installing tweeters and woofers/mid-range speakers at front 0 0 0 0 The figures show the working steps on the left-hand side of the vehicle. The same procedure is to be followed analogously on the right-hand side of the vehicle. 3 Unclip standard tweeter (1) from mounting bracket (2) and unplug connector (3) (standard tweeter is no longer required). Remove screw (5) and release screw (4). 0 Fit tweeter (1) in mounting bracket (2) and firmly tighten with screw (5). Connec
7. Installing rear coax speakers 0 0 The figure shows the working steps on the left-hand side of the vehicle. The same procedure is to be followed analogously on the right-hand side of the vehicle.3 Connect plug connector (3) to coax speaker (1). Firmly tighten coax speaker (1) with existing screws (2). 0 Adhere foam seal (1) onto coax speaker (2) as illustrated. Retrofit/installation kit No.: 82 83 0 136 491 EN/11 Installation instruction No.: 01 29 0 139 395 Status: 06.2001
8. Affixing stickers Install front left and right door trim panels. Install rear left and right side trim panels.3 It is important to precisely observe the following procedure for affixing the stickers to en- sure they remain adhered permanently. 1. The speaker covers must be dry, clean, free of dust and grease. The temperature during the adhesion process must be at least 15 ûC. 2. Clean the surfaces to be adhered with spirits. 3. Allow cleaned surfaces to air for approx. 15 minutes. 4. Re
9. Concluding jobs/encoding Connect battery. Carry out function check. Reassemble vehicle in reverse order of removal. This system does not require encoding. 10. Start-up After switching on the radio, the volume control on the radio control panel should be set to a low volume to ensure an extremely high volume level is not set after the delayed cut-in of the sound module amplifier! 3 The sound module is equipped with a switch-on delay facility in order to avoid damaging the audio system.
|1||Mini R50||Automobile Accessories||575|
|2||Sony RM-X32||Automobile Accessories||36|
|3||Sony MV-100CAR||Automobile Accessories||31|
|4||Sony DC-FX1||Automobile Accessories||29|
|5||Sony RM-X33||Automobile Accessories||26|
|6||Sony RM-X38||Automobile Accessories||24|