Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Philips 19PFL3403D. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Philips 19PFL3403D.
If looking through the Philips 19PFL3403D user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Philips 19PFL3403D but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Philips 19PFL3403D. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
Register your product and get support at
Registre su producto y reciba servicios de soporte en
EN: For further assistance, call the customer support
EN USER MANUAL
service in your country.
• U.S.A., PUERTO RICO, OR U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS:
ES MANUAL DEL USUARIO
• CANADA: 1-800-661-6162 (French speaking),
1-888-744-5477 (English or Spanish)
Enter below the Serial No. located on the rear of the cabinet.
Return your Product Registration Card or register online at www.philips.com/welcome today to get the very most from your purchase. Registering your model with PHILIPS makes you eligible for all of the valuable benefits listed below, so don’t miss out. Complete and return your Product Registration Card at once, or register online at www.philips.com/welcome to ensure: *Product Safety *Proof of Purchase *Additional Benefits Notification Returning the enclosed card Registering your product B
1. Important safety instructions Read before operating equipment Read these instructions. 1. D. The appliance does not appear to operate normally or 2. Keep these instructions. exhibits a marked change in performance; 3. Heed all warnings. E. The appliance has been dropped, or the enclosure 4. Follow all instructions. damaged. 5. Do not use this apparatus near water. 17. Tilt/Stability - All televisions must comply with Clean only with a dry cloth. 6. recommended international global safety
2008 © Koninklijke Philips Electronics Federal Communications Canadian notice N.V. All rights reserved. Specifications Commission Notice This Class B digital apparatus meets are subject to change without notice. This equipment has been tested and all requirements of the Canadian Trademarks are the property of found to comply with the limits for Interference-Causing Equipment Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. or a Class B digital device, pursuant to Regulations. their respective ow
Table of contents 7. Change your TV installation . . . . . . . . . 22 1. Important safety instructions . . . . . . . . . 2 7.1 Select your menu language . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22 2. Important . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 7.2 Autoprogramming . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22 2.1 Product information. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 7.3 Return your settings to default values. . . . . . . . 22 2.2 Screen care. . . . . . . . . .
2. Important • To avoid deformations or color fading, wipe off water droplets as soon as possible. • Do not touch, push, rub or strike the screen Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to with hard objects as this may damage the screen Philips! permanently. To fully benefit from the support that Philips offers, • Where possible, avoid stationary images that register your product at www.philips.com/welcome remain on-screen for extended periods of time. Registering your model with P
3. Your TV For more information about connections, see Section 8 Connect devices. This section gives you an overview of commonly- 3.2 Remote control used TV controls and functions. 3.1 TV overview 1 Side controls and indicators 2 VOLUME 4 3 VOLUME 4 3 MENU 4 3 VOLUME 4 MENU CHANNEL 2 5 CHANNEL 13 2 POMENU WER 6 5 1 POWEC RHANNEL 2 8 7 1. POWER 5 1 POWER 2. CHANNEL +/- 5 10 9 3. MENU 4. VOLUME +/- 5. Remote control sensor/ power indicator Side connectors HDMI 1 PC IN HDMI 2 VGA AUDIO IN 75 Ω HDM
4. Get started Step 1 Purchase a VESA-compatible wall bracket This section describes how to position and connect Depending on the size of your TV screen, purchase your TV, and how to perform your first-time one of the following wall brackets: installation. VESA-compatible TV screen 4.1 Position the TV wall bracket type Screw type size (inches) (millimeters) B WARNING 19PFL3403D 100 x 100mm Metric 4 x 10mm • Do not insert the power plug into the wall socket before all the connections
AAA AAA 3. Firmly pull the stand from the bottom of the TV. 4.3 Install the remote control batteries Place both the stand and bolts in a secure location for future reinstallation. 1. Open the battery cover on the back of the remote control. 2. Insert the 2 batteries supplied. Make sure the + and - ends of the batteries line up correctly. Step 3 Connect cables (inside of case is marked). Connect the antenna cable, AC power cord and all 3. Close the cover. other devices to the back of th
CABLE HDMI 1 HDMI 2 PC IN VGA AUDIO IN 75 Ω HDMI 1 HDMI 2 PC IN VGA AUDIO IN 75 Ω Connect to a cable • S-Video and Audio SATELLITE • YPbPr (Component Video Input) When your TV is connected to the cable socket, you may receive free digital and high definition • HDMI programming (depending on your cable provider). CABLE Digital and high definition cable channels can be Connect a cable receiv ANTENNA er bo SATELLITE x/satellite set-top CABLE recognized by the format of the channel number. H
4.7 Switch on the TV 4.5 Connect the AC power cord Before you switch on the TV, check that the mains B Warning cord is properly connected. Press POWER button Verify that your voltage corresponds with at the side of the TV, or press power button on the voltage printed at the back of the TV. the remote control. The TV normally takes 10-15 Do not insert the AC power cord if the seconds to start up and the following screen appears voltage is different. the first time you turn on the TV.
VOLUME 5. Use your TV 5.2 Watch TV MENU This section helps you perform basic TV operations. Switch channels • Press a number (1 to 999) or press CH +/- on 5.1 Switch your TV on or to standby CHANNEL your remote control. To Switch the TV on • Press PREV CH to return to the previously POWER • If the standby indicator is off, press . POWER POWER viewed TV channel. at the side of the TV. • If the standby indicator is on, press . on the remote control. VOLUME MENU CHANNEL POWER POWER D Note Y
5.3 Watch channels from a cable receiver box 1. Switch on the cable receiver box. The picture from your cable receiver box might appear automatically on your screen. 2. Use the remote control of your cable receiver box to select channels. If the picture does not appear 1. Press SOURCE repeatedly to select the connected cable receiver box and wait a few seconds for the picture to appear. 2. Press OK. 3. Use the remote control of your cable receiver box to select channels. 5.4 Watch a DVD
6. Use more of your TV 4. CLOCK See Set the clock section. 5. To add or remove a channel in the favorite This section describes the advanced features of your channels list of the TV. TV. 6. FORMAT Selects a picture format. See Change Picture 6.1 Remote control overview format section. 7. CURSOR BUTTONS Î ï Í Æ To navigate through the menus. 1 8. INFO 2 Displays programme information, if available. 20 3 9. CH +/- 4 19 Switches to the next or previous channel. 5 18 10. NUMBER BUTTONS
6.2 Change picture and sound settings Summary of picture settings The following picture settings can be configured. Change picture settings Depending on the format of the picture source, some picture settings might not be available. This section describes how to adjust your picture settings. 1. Press MENU on the remote control. • Contrast - Sets the level of white in the picture. • Brightness - Sets the brightness of the picture. • Color - Sets the level of saturation. • Sharpness - Sets the
Change picture format • Movie expand 14:9 (Not for HD and PC) Scales the classic 4:3 format to 14:9. 1. Press FORMAT on the remote control to enter the Picture format menu. • Movie expand 16:9 (Not for HD and PC) Scales the classic 4:3 format to 16:9. 2. Press Î or ï to select a picture format. • Automatic (Not for HD and PC) Enlarges the picture automatically to fill the screen. The subtitles remain visible. • 16:9 subtitle (Not for PC) Display 4:3 pictures using the full surface of
Adjust sound settings 6.3 Use Auto mode This section describes how to adjust sound settings. 1. Press AUTO MODE on the remote control to set your TV to a predefined picture and sound 1. Press MENU on the remote control and press setting. ï to select Sound. 2. Press Î or ï to select one of the following settings: Settings 5 Sound 5 • Personal Picture Sound setting The customized settings you defined by using the Picture menu. Sound Sound mode Features Alternate audio • Sports Parental c
6.5 Set the clock 6.7 Use parental control and rating locks This section describes how to set the time. Lock TV channels or connected devices with a four digit code to prevent children from watching 1. Press MENU on the remote control and select unauthorised content. Installation > Clock. Set or change your PIN Settings Installation 8 Clock 1. Press MENU on the remote control and select Language Parental control > Change PIN. Autoprogram : AM -- -- Weak channel installation Settin
2. Enter your PIN. rating TV-14, you can deselect one or more Settings of the following content ratings: Dialog (D), Parental control 7 Change PIN 3. Press Î or ï to select the channel or device Language (L), Sex (S), or Violence (V). Channel lock Please enter your current you want to lock or unlock. PIN US TV ratings lock • When you select All, all items in the ratings US Movie ratings lock 4. At each selection, press OK to lock or unlock list are locked. Canada English ratings lock th
Settings Parental control 7 Change PIN Channel lock Please enter your current PIN US TV ratings lock US Movie ratings lock Canada English ratings lock Canada French ratings lock Region ratings lock Change PIN Info Settings Parental control 7 Channel lock Channel lock TV US TV ratings lock AV1 US Movie ratings lock HDMI1 Canada English ratings lock HDMI2 Canada French ratings lock Side AV Region ratings lock 2 Change PIN 3 4 Info Settings I Parental control US TV ratings lock All (D) Dialog None
|1||Philips / 20PFL5522D||Flat Panel Television||181|
|2||Philips 1346||Flat Panel Television||21|
|3||Philips 107FP4||Flat Panel Television||13|
|4||Philips 0150FD9935||Flat Panel Television||10|
|5||Philips 13" Color TV 13MT1431||Flat Panel Television||15|