Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Philips 19PFL3403D/10. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Philips 19PFL3403D/10.
If looking through the Philips 19PFL3403D/10 user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Philips 19PFL3403D/10 but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Philips 19PFL3403D/10. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
Register your product and get support at
EN USER MANUAL
5.8 Use subtitles . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 23 Table of contents 5.9 Listen to digital radio channels. . . . . . 23 1 Important � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � 3 5.10 Update your TV software . . . . . . . . . . 23 1.1 Safety . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3 6 Install channels � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � 24 1.2 Screen care . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 6.1 Automatically install channels . . . . . . . 24 1.3
2008 © Koninklijke Philips performing source distribution, a 1. Remove fuse cover and fuse. Electronics N.V. All rights reserved. complete machine-readable copy 2. The replacement fuse must Specifications are subject to change of the corresponding source code comply with BS 1362 and have without notice. Trademarks are on a medium customarily used for the ASTA approval mark. If the the property of Koninklijke Philips software interchange. fuse is lost, contact your dealer in Electronics N.
• Do not insert any strange object into the 1 Important ventilation slot. This might lead to damage of TV. Congratulations on your purchase and • To avoid risk of fire or electric shock, do welcome to Philips! not place the TV, remote control or remote Read this user manual before you start to use control batteries near naked flame sources this product. (e.g. lighted candles) and other heat sources including direct sunlight. Pay close attention to this sectio
• When disconnecting the TV from the mains, teletext pages, black bars or stock market be sure to: tickers. If you must use stationary images, reduce the screen contrast and brightness • Turn off the TV, then the mains power to avoid screen damage. (if available). • Unplug the mains cord from the mains 1�3 Environmental care socket outlet. Recycling your packaging The packaging of this product is intended to be recycled. Contact your local authorities for inf
Side connectors 2 Your TV This section gives you an overview of commonly-used TV controls and functions. 2�1 TV overview Side controls and indicators VOLUME 4 3 MENU Use the TV side connectors to connect to mobile devices such as a high-definition camcorder or game console. You can also PROGRAM 2 connect a pair of headphone. 1 POWER Back connectors 5 1. POWER DIGITAL AUDIO OUT 2. PROGRAM +/- EXT 3 3. MENU 4. VOLUME +/- 5. Power indicator/remote control sensor Use the TV ba
Remote control 1. . Power 2. SOURCE 3. TELETEXT 1 4. Colour keys From left, red, green, yellow, blue 2 3 5. Í, Æ, Î, ï, OK Navigation or cursor keys 4 6. MENU 7. P +/- Program up or down 8. ” +/- 5 Volume up or down For advanced information about the remote control, see Section 5.1 Remote control overview. 6 7 8 EN-6
32 � Wall mount the TV 3 Get started B WARNING This section helps you position and install the Wall mounting of the TV should only TV and supplements the information provided be performed by qualified installers. in the Quick Start Guide. Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV � � bears no responsibility for improper D Note mounting that results in accident or Refer to the Quick Start Guide for stand injury� mounting instructions. B Step 1 Purchase a VESA-compatible wall bra
compatible wall bracket documentation for instructions. 1. Locate the four mounting nuts at the back of the TV. 3. Firmly pull the stand from the bottom of the TV. Place both the stand and bolts in a secure location for future reinstallation. 2. Align the plate/bracket to the four mounting nuts, placing the spacers between the plate/bracket and the mounting nuts. 3. Using a spanner, insert the bolts through the plate/bracket and spacers, tightly securing the bolts
3�3 Connect the antenna cable 1. Locate the TV ANTENNA connector at the back of the TV. 2. Connect the mains cord to the AC IN mains connector. 3. Connect the mains cord to the mains, ensuring that the cord is tightly secured at both ends. 2. Connect one end of an antenna cable (not supplied) to the TV ANTENNA connector. Use an adaptor if the antenna cable does not fit. 3. Connect the other end of the antenna cable to your antenna outlet, ensuring that the cable is tight
3�5 Manage cables 37 � Switch on the TV Route your mains cord, antenna cable and all The first time you switch on the TV, check that other device cables through the cable holder the mains cord is properly connected. When (1) at the back of the TV. ready, then press POWER on the side of the TV. D Note Certain TV models require you to press and hold POWER for up to two seconds. Your 1 TV may take up to 15 seconds to start. 3�8 First time setup When you turn o
connected and powered. When not in use 4 Use your TV for extended periods of time, switch off and disconnect the TV from the mains. This section helps you perform basic TV operations. Instructions on advanced TV operations are provided in Section 5 Use more Switch on from standby of your TV. 41 � Switch your TV on/off or to standby Switch on your TV • If the power indicator (1) is off, press POWER on the side of the TV. • If the power indicator is in sta
4�2 Watch TV mute audio from the TV speakers. Pressing VOLUME +/- buttons turns on the TV speakers again. Switch channels 4�3 Watch connected devices 1. Switch on the device. 2. Press SOURCE on the remote control. 1. Press a number (1 to 99) or press P +/- on your remote control. 2. Press PROGRAM +/- on the side controls of the TV. 3. Press Î or ï to select the input your 3. Press on the remote control to return device is connected to. to the previously-viewed TV channe
E Tip Press to return to the previously viewed page. 2. Press TELETEXT again to switch off teletext. D Note (for UK users only) Some digital TV channels offer dedicated digital text services (for example, BBC1). For advanced information on teletext, see Section 5.5 Use advanced teletext features. EN-13 EN
5. Colour keys 5 Use more of your TV Selects tasks or teletext pages. 6. INFO 51 � Remote control overview Displays programme information, if available. 7. OK Accesses the All channels menu or activates a setting. 1 8. Í, Æ, Î, ï 2 21 Navigate the menu. 20 3 4 9. OPTION 19 5 Activates the Quick access menu. 18 6 10. P +/- Switches to the next or previous channel. 7 17 8 11. Number keys Selects a channel, page or setting. 16 9 12. Returns to the previously-viewed channel
Use the main menu 5�2 Use TV menus The following steps of adjusting brightness is On-screen menus help you install your TV, one example to show how to use the main adjust picture and sound settings and access menu. other features. This section describes how to navigate the menus. Access the main menu 1. Press MENU on the remote control to display the main menu. 1. Press MENU on the remote control to display the TV menu. PHILIPS TV Menu Smart settings Smart settings P
3. Press Æ to enter the Picture settings. Use the Quick access menu The Quick access menu gives direct access to PHILIPS some often-needed menu items. Picture Brightness Contrast 98 D Note Brightness 47 When digital channels are installed and Color 52 broadcasted, the relevant digital options are Sharpness 4 displayed in the Quick access menu. Tint 0 Color temperature 1. Press OPTION on the remote control. Picture format Noise reduction 4. Press ï to select Brightness� PHILIP
• Noise reduction: Filters and reduces 53 � Adjust picture and sound the noise in the picture. Select ON to settings enable or OFF to disable this function Adjust picture settings Use smart settings 1. Press MENU on the remote control and Apart from manually adjusting picture settings, select Picture. you can use Smart settings to set your TV to a predefined picture and sound setting. PHILIPS TV Menu Smart settings 1. Press MENU on the remote control and Smart settings
• Movie Expand 16:9 (Not for HD) Change picture format Scales the classic 4:3 Change the picture format to suit your content. format to 16:9. 1. Pr ess ∏ (PICTURE FORMAT) on your remote control. Alternatively, press MENU and select Picture > Picture format. D Note Constant use of the 16:9 picture format can cause screen distortion. • Wide screen Stretches the classic 4:3 format to 16:9. 2. Press Î or ï to select one of the following picture formats: • Super zoom (Not for H
Adjust sound settings • Mono/Stereo: If stereo broadcasting is available, choose between mono or This section describes how to adjust sound stereo. settings. • Auto volume leveling: Reduces 1. Press MENU on the remote control and sudden volume changes, for example, select Sound. during commercials or when switching 2. Press Æ to enter the list. from one channel to another. Select On or Off. PHILIPS TV settings Sound Smart settings Settings 54 � Change to Shop or Home Pic
|1||Philips / 20PFL5522D||Flat Panel Television||181|
|2||Philips 1346||Flat Panel Television||21|
|3||Philips 107FP4||Flat Panel Television||13|
|4||Philips 0150FD9935||Flat Panel Television||10|
|5||Philips 13" Color TV 13MT1431||Flat Panel Television||15|