Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Philips 32HFL3330D. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Philips 32HFL3330D.
If looking through the Philips 32HFL3330D user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Philips 32HFL3330D but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Philips 32HFL3330D. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
Register your product and get support at
EN USER MANUAL
EN: For further assistance, call the customer support
service in your country.
• 1-888-PHILIPS (1-888-744-5477)
Enter below the Serial No. located on the rear of the cabinet.
ES: Para obtener más información, llame al servicio de soporte al
cliente de su país.
• ESTADOS UNIDOS: 1-888-PHILIPS (1-888-744-5477)
Escriba a continuación el Nº de serie, el cual se encuentra en
la parte po
Return your Product Registration Card or register online at www.philips.com/welcome today to get the very most from your purchase. Registering your model with PHILIPS makes you eligible for all of the valuable benefits listed below, so don’t miss out. Complete and return your Product Registration Card at once, or register online at www.philips.com/welcome to ensure: *Product Safety *Proof of Purchase *Additional Benefits Notification Returning the enclosed card Registering your product B
1. Important safety instructions Read before operating equipment 1. Read these instructions. D. The appliance does not appear to operate normally or 2. Keep these instructions. exhibits a marked change in performance; 3. Heed all warnings. E. The appliance has been dropped, or the enclosure 4. Follow all instructions. damaged. 5. Do not use this apparatus near water. 17. Tilt/Stability - All televisions must comply with 6. Clean only with a dry cloth. recommended international global safety
2008 © Koninklijke Philips Electronics Federal Communications Avis Canadien N.V. All rights reserved. Specifications Commission Notice Cet appareil numérique de la classe are subject to change without notice. This equipment has been tested and B respecte toutes les exigences du Trademarks are the property of found to comply with the limits for Règlement sur le matériel brouilleur du Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. or a Class B digital device, pursuant to Canada. their respective
Table of contents 7. Change your TV installation . . . . . . . . . 22 7.1 Select your menu language . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22 1. Important safety instructions . . . . . . . . . 2 7.2 Autoprogramming . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22 7.3 Return your settings to default values. . . . . . . . 22 2. Important . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 2.1 Product information. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 8. Connect devices . . . . . . . .
• To avoid deformations or color fading, wipe off water 2. Important droplets as soon as possible. • Do not touch, push, rub or strike the screen with hard Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to Philips! objects as this may damage the screen permanently. To fully benefit from the support that Philips offers, register • Where possible, avoid stationary images that remain your product at www.philips.com/welcome on-screen for extended periods of time. If you must use stationary imag
3. Your TV For more information about connections, see Section 8 Connect devices. This section gives you an overview of commonly- used TV controls and functions. 3.2 Remote control 3.1 TV overview 1 Side controls and indicators 2 VOLUME 4 3 VOLUME 4 3 MENU 4 3 MENU VOLUME CHANNEL 4 2 CHANNEL 5 2 13 POWER MENU 1 6 POWER 5 CHANNEL 8 7 5 2 1. POWER 1 POWER 2. CHANNEL +/- 5 10 9 3. MENU 4. VOLUME +/- 5. Remote control sensor/ power indicator Side connectors AV 1 HDM HDM I 2 / I 1 PC IN AV 1 HDMI 1
4. Get started Step 1 Purchase a VESA-compatible wall bracket This section describes how to position and connect Depending on the size of your TV screen, purchase your TV, and how to perform your first-time one of the following wall brackets: installation. VESA-compatible TV screen 4.1 Position the TV wall bracket type Screw type size (inches) (millimeters) B WARNING 32PFL3403D 200 x 200mm Metric 6 x 10mm • Do not insert the power plug into the wall 32HFL3330D 200 x 200mm Metric 6 x 10mm
AAA AAA 3. Firmly pull the stand from the bottom of the TV. Place both the stand and bolts in a secure location for future reinstallation. 4.3 Install the remote control batteries For 32HFL3330D/27, security screws are provided to secure the LCDTV stand to the table top. 1. Open the battery cover on the back of the remote control. 2. Insert the 2 batteries supplied. Make sure the + and - ends of the batteries line up correctly. (inside of case is marked). Step 3 Connect cables 3. Close
CABLE AV 1 HDMI 1 HDMI 2 / PC IN 75 Ω AV 2 AV 1 HDMI 2 / PC IN HDMI 1 75 Ω AV 2 SATELLITE Contact your local content provider or your local Connect to a cable receiver box/satellite set- electronics retailer if you are unsure about what top box HDTV programs are available in your area. Broadcasters are transition from analog to digital ANTENNA SATELLITE CABLE TV. This means that a given broadcaster can have channels available either in analog or in digital, or both analog and digital at the
4.7 Switch on the TV 4.5 Connect the AC power cord Before you switch on the TV, check that the mains B Warning cord is properly connected. Press POWER button Verify that your voltage corresponds with at the side of the TV, or press power button on the voltage printed at the back of the TV. the remote control. The TV normally takes 10-15 Do not insert the AC power cord if the seconds to start up and the following screen appears voltage is different. the first time you turn on the TV.
VOLUME 5. Use your TV 5.2 Watch TV This section helps you perform basic TV operations. Switch channels MENU • Press a number (1 to 999) or press CH +/- on 5.1 Switch your TV on or to standby your remote control. CHANNEL • Press PREV CH to return to the previously To Switch the TV on POWER viewed TV channel. • If the standby indicator is off, press . POWER POWER at the side of the TV. • If the standby indicator is on, press . on the remote control. VOLUME MENU CHANNEL POWER POWER D Note Y
5.3 Watch channels from a cable receiver box 1. Switch on the cable receiver box. The picture from your cable receiver box might appear automatically on your screen. 2. Use the remote control of your cable receiver box to select channels. If the picture does not appear 1. Press SOURCE repeatedly to select the connected cable receiver box and wait a few seconds for the picture to appear. 2. Press OK. 3. Use the remote control of your cable receiver box to select channels. 5.4 Watch a DVD
6. Use more of your TV 4. CLOCK See Set the clock section. 5. To add or remove a channel in the favorite This section describes the advanced features of your channels list of the TV. TV. 6. FORMAT Selects a picture format. See Change Picture 6.1 Remote control overview format section. 7. CURSOR BUTTONS Î ï Í Æ To navigate through the menus. 1 8. INFO 2 Displays programme information, if available. 20 3 9. CH +/- 4 19 Switches to the next or previous channel. 5 18 10. NUMBER BUTTONS
6.2 Change picture and sound settings Summary of picture settings The following picture settings can be configured. Change picture settings Depending on the format of the picture source, some picture settings might not be available. This section describes how to adjust your picture settings. 1. Press MENU on the remote control. • Contrast - Sets the level of white in the picture. • Brightness - Sets the brightness of the picture. • Color - Sets the level of saturation. • Sharpness - Sets the
Change picture format • Movie expand 14:9 (Not for HD and PC) Scales the classic 4:3 format to 14:9. 1. Press FORMAT on the remote control to enter the Picture format menu. • Movie expand 16:9 (Not for HD and PC) Scales the classic 4:3 format to 16:9. 2. Press Î or ï to select a picture format. • Automatic (Not for HD and PC) Enlarges the picture automatically to fill the screen. The subtitles remain visible. • 16:9 subtitle (Not for HD and PC) Display 4:3 pictures using the full surf
Adjust sound settings 6.3 Use Auto mode This section describes how to adjust sound settings. 1. Press AUTO MODE on the remote control 1. Press MENU on the remote control and press to set your TV to a predefined picture and sound ï to select Sound. setting. 2. Press Î or ï to select one of the following settings: Settings 5 Sound 5 • Personal Picture Sound setting The customized settings you defined by using the Sound Sound mode Picture menu. Features Alternate audio Parental control Digi
6.5 Set the clock 6.7 Use parental control and rating locks This section describes how to set the time. Lock TV channels or connected devices with a four digit code to prevent children from watching unauthorised content. 1. Press MENU on the remote control and select Installation > Clock. Set or change your PIN 1. Press MENU on the remote control and select Settings Parental control > Change PIN. Installation 8 Clock Language Autoprogram : AM -- -- Settings Weak channel installatio
2. Enter you PIN. rating TV-14, you can deselect one or more Settings of the following content ratings: Dialog (D), Parental control 7 Change PIN 3. Press Î or ï to select the channel or device Language (L), Sex (S), or Violence (V). Channel lock Please enter your current you want to lock or unlock. PIN US TV ratings lock • When you select All, all items in the ratings 4. At each selection, press OK to lock or unlock US Movie ratings lock list are locked. Canada English ratings lock the
Settings Parental control 7 Change PIN Channel lock Please enter your current PIN US TV ratings lock US Movie ratings lock Canada English ratings lock Canada French ratings lock Region ratings lock Change PIN Info Settings Parental control 7 Channel lock Channel lock TV US TV ratings lock AV1 US Movie ratings lock AV2 Canada English ratings lock Side AV Canada French ratings lock HDMI 1 Region ratings lock HDMI 2 Change PIN HDMI 3 2 Info Settings I Parental control US TV ratings lock All (D) Dia
|1||Philips / 20PFL5522D||Flat Panel Television||177|
|2||Philips 1346||Flat Panel Television||18|
|3||Philips 107FP4||Flat Panel Television||13|
|4||Philips 0150FD9935||Flat Panel Television||10|
|5||Philips 13" Color TV 13MT1431||Flat Panel Television||15|