Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Philips 42HFL5860D/27. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Philips 42HFL5860D/27.
If looking through the Philips 42HFL5860D/27 user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Philips 42HFL5860D/27 but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Philips 42HFL5860D/27. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
Philips Professional and Business Solutions
The following models are supported by this User Manual:
26HFL5830D/27, 32HFL5860D/27, 37HFL5560D/27, 42HFL5860D/27,
Thank you for choosing Philips.
Need help fast?
Read your Quick Use Guide and/or
Owner’s Manual first for quick tips
that make using your Philips product
If you have read your instructions
and still need assistance,
you may access our online help at
Changing the settings of a TABLE OF CONTENTS channel . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16 Tuning channels automatically. 19 1. Important safety instructions Selecting cable or antenna mode . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19 Selecting a virtual or physical channel . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20 2. Safety information and useful tips . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 En
1. Impor tant safety 13. Use only with a cart, stand, instructions tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the TV. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/TV Read Before Operating combination to avoid injury from tip- Equipment over. 1. For the quickest and most trouble free 14. Unplug this TV during lightning storms installation, please consult the quick start or when unused for long periods of guide that came packed in the television tim
Know these safety symbols C A U T I O N RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK DO NOT OPEN This “bolt of lightning” indicates material not insulated within your unit which may cause an electrical shock. For the safety of everyone in your property, please do not remove product covering. The “exclamation point” calls attention to features for which you should read the enclosed literature closely to prevent operating and maintenance problems. B WARNING: To reduce the risk of ﬁ re or electric shock, this applianc
B Pull the power lead by the plug - do 2. Saf ety information not pull by the wire. and useful tips 9. Ensure the power cord is fully inserted into the TV mains socket and the wall 1. Two people are required to lift and carry socket. a TV that weighs more than 55 lb (25 kg). Improper handling of the TV can 10. If the TV is mounted on a swivel base cause serious injury. or swivel arm, ensure no strain is placed on the power cord when the TV is 2. If you place the TV set on a solid surf
3. Before calling service Check this list of symptoms and suggested steps before you request service. D Note: Familiarize yourself with the commercial features described in the TV installation setup. The effects of several of these features, if not thoroughly understood, might appear as faulty operation. Symptoms Suggested steps Installation TV does not respond to Check the button on the left hand side of the remote control commands of the Setup must be in the SETUP location (see Accessing
Symptoms Suggested steps Power TV cannot be switched The POWER . button of the remote control is used to on set the TV to stand-by mode or to switch on the TV. Check if YES is selected in the REMOTE CONTROL LOCK feature in SECURITY menu (see Specifying the security options on page 24 ). Select NO to deactivate the lock function. Check if ALL is selected in the KEYBOARD LOCK feature in SECURITY menu. Select NO to deactivate lock function (see Specifying the security options on page 24 ).
Symptoms Suggested steps Remote TV does not respond to Change the batteries. Control Guest Remote Control Aim the remote control directly at remote control sensor lens on TV and press any button on the remote control. Check if YES is selected in the REMOTE CONTROL LOCK feature in SECURITY menu (see Specifying the security options on page 24 ). Select NO to deactivate lock function. 7
4. Basic TV connections 4.1 Antenna connection Connect the antenna or RF cable signal to the 75 Ω RF ‘:’ connector socket located on the TV. 4.3 Switching on the TV Press . on the TV or on one of the optional remote controls to switch the TV set on. 4.2 Mains connection Ensure that the mains voltage and frequency are correct. Refer to the product labelling and documentation. D Note: The power button . on the TV does not disconnect the television from the AC mains. It toggles the TV b
5. Ov erview of TV connectors and controls USB 18 19 20 21 5 PC HDMI 1 HDMI 2 SERVICE AUDIO IN RS 232 AV 1 S-VIDEO DATA 1 AUDIO IN SPDIF 8 VGA AV CVI 6 78 9 10 111213 14 15 16 17 B Warning: 6. DATA 1 For Pay Per View Terminal connection. • Risk of electric shock. The rear jack panel must be removed by qualified 7. USB personnel only. To play media, clone and upgrade software. • Do not connect any telephone cables or equipment to Data 1. 8. AV 1 A replacement for the standard audio 1
11. SPDIF To connect to a HiFi / Home Theater system. 12. RS 232 To use serial communications to an external device. D Note: Serial Xpress must be selected as the communication source (see Selecting the communication source on page 15 ). 13. VGA In For input PC/Lap-top VGA. 14. PC Audio In To play audio from a PC. Only compatible if also connected to an HDMI or VGA input. 15. HDMI 1/2 To connect to peripheral equipment, including high-definition equipment. 16. 8 Ω [ To connect to a bath
6.2 RC2573GR 6. Optional remote controls RC2573GR is an optional remote control. It is used for Philips Commercial Solutions features and SmartCard settings. It can be The following remote controls are applicable purchased separately. to TVs from Philips Commercial Solutions. These remote controls can be used for setup and configuration. POWER 6.1 RC2888/01 RECALL TEXT SMART SLEEP Guest Mode Remote Control (optional) CC GUEST Slide this button DCM 1 2 3 up to enter into SETUP 4 56 Gu
6. Navigation cursors 7. Description of guest To navigate through the menus/ remote control submenus. 7. Volume + / – To adjust the TV volume. 10 1 8. 0 to 9 Digit keys 11 To select a TV channel. For a two digit 2 number, enter the second digit before 12 the dash disappears. 9. Alternate Channel 3 13 To toggle between the alternate channels 4 14 10. Channel Guide 5 To activate the channel guide function. 6 11. Standby To switch the TV on from standby oir 15 7 back to standby.. 16 12. (i
8. Overview of TV menus SETUP LANGUAGE ENGLISH, ESPANOL, FRANCAIS COMMUNICATION > CHANNEL INSTALL CHANNEL TV NUMBER INPUT TUNER, AV, SVIDEO, CVI, *CARD CVBS *CARD-YC, *CARD CVI, *SIDE AV, *SIDE SVIDEO, VGA, HDMI1, HDMI 2 DIGITAL NO, YES RINGS (1) (2) (3) (4) LABEL ( ) > MUTE NONE, AUDIO, VIDEO AUTO INSTALL TV START > CABLE TUNING NO, YES USE CHANNEL TABLE NO, YES CURRENT RING RING1, RING2, RING3, RING4 DIGITAL SETUP CHANNEL SETUP > AUDIO > DIGITAL CC SETUP > EMERGENCY ALERT > C
9. Accessing the setup menu SETUP LANGUAGE ENGLISH COMMUNICATION > The following remote control commands CHANNEL INSTALL > AUTO INSTALL TV > apply to Philips Commercial Solutions TV CABLE TUNING NO products. These can be used for setup and USE CHANNEL TABLE NO CURRENT RING RING1 configuration purposes. DIGITAL SETUP > CONFIGURATION > Accessing TV Setup Menu using the Remote Control (RC2573GR) To scroll through the menu: • Press Î or ï on the
10.2 Selecting the 10. Installation communication source The following options are available in the 10.1 Selecting the language COMMUNICATION menu You can select ENGLISH, ESPANOL or • SP - SPI FRANCAIS as your preferred language. • SP - I2C • Press Æ repeatedly to select your • SERIAL XPRESS preferred language. • MULTI RC SETUP • SMART RC LANGUAGE ENGLISH COMMUNICATION > • OFF CHANNEL INSTALL > AUTO INSTALL TV > The factory default (SP-SPI) is correct for CABLE T
• To use the specified color code to 10.3 Changing the settings of a correspond to the remote control select channel MULTI RC (see Appendix A on page 38 ). This feature allows you to change the settings for a particular channel. • Select SMART RC to access the TM SMOOVIE functionality on this TV Press Æ to enter the CHANNEL set. INSTALL menu. • Select STORE and store all your selections. SETUP LANGUAGE ENGLISH COMMUNICATION > CHANNEL INSTALL > AUTO INSTALL TV
Select an input source with the options of RF CHANNEL NUMBER and MPEG PROGRAM • TUNER, AV, SVIDEO, CVI, VGA, NUMBER. HDMI1, HDMI2, CARD-CVBS, CARD-YC, CARD CVI, SIDE AV or SIDE SVIDEO CHANNEL INSTALL SETUP LANGUAGE ENGLISH COMMUNICATION > D Note: CARD-YC, CARD CVI, CHANNEL INSTALL > CARD-CVBS, SIDE AV and SIDE AUTO INSTALL TV > CABLE TUNING YES SVIDEO are available on certain models USE CHANNEL TABLE NO only. CURRENT RING RING1 DIGITAL SETUP
Searching the Digital Minor Channel / • Press Î ï to key in the first MPEG Program Number character. • For DIGITAL MINOR CH / CHANNEL INSTALL CHANNEL INSTALL MPEG PROGRAM NUMBER, use CHANNEL TV 2 0 - 9 to key in the channel number INPUT TUNER (0 to 999). CHANNEL LOGO > DIGITAL YES DIGITAL CH SCROLL > • Press Í from Channel 0 to select DIGITAL MAJOR CH 1 DIGITAL MINOR CH 0 NO. RINGS (1X ) ( 2 ) (3 ) (4 ) LABEL ( S P O _ ) • If NO is selected, go back to MUTE NONE DIGITAL MAJOR C
10.4 T uning channels 10.5 Selecting cable or antenna automatically mode D Note: This option is only available when D Note: This option is only available when TUNER is selected at the INPUT item TUNER is selected as the INPUT item of the CHANNEL INSTALL menu. in the CHANNEL INSTALL menu. 1. Press Æ to enter START mode. Select YES to use Cable mode and NO to use Antenna mode. SETUP LANGUAGE ENGLISH CHANNEL INSTALL CHANNEL INSTALL COMMUNICATION > CHANNEL TV 2 CHANNEL INSTAL
|1||Philips / 20PFL5522D||Flat Panel Television||177|
|2||Philips 1346||Flat Panel Television||18|
|3||Philips 107FP4||Flat Panel Television||13|
|4||Philips 0150FD9935||Flat Panel Television||10|
|5||Philips 13" Color TV 13MT1431||Flat Panel Television||15|