Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Philips 42HFL5850D. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Philips 42HFL5850D.
If looking through the Philips 42HFL5850D user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Philips 42HFL5850D but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Philips 42HFL5850D. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
Philips Professional and Business Solution
EN SETUP MANUAL
6.13 Set control . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20 Table of contents 6.14 Video adjustment . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21 1 Important � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � 4 6.15 Set energy saving . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21 1.1 Safety . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 6.16 Set clock. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22 1.2 Screen care. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 7 Clone configuration � � � � � � �
2008 © Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. All performing source distribution, a complete rights reserved. machine-readable copy of the corresponding Specifications are subject to change without source code on a medium customarily used for notice. Trademarks are the property of software interchange. Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. or their respective owners. Philips reserves the right To obtain the source code, write to: to change products at any time w
Mains fuse (UK only) This TV is fitted with an approved moulded plug. Should it become necessary to replace the mains fuse, this must be replaced with a fuse of the same value as indicated on the plug (example 10A). 1. Remove fuse cover and fuse. 2. The replacement fuse must comply with BS 1362 and have the ASTA approval mark. If the fuse is lost, contact your dealer in order to verify the correct type. 3. Refit the fuse cover. In order to maintain conformity
• Two people are required to lift and 1 Important carry a TV that weighs more than 55 lbs. Read and understand all instructions before • If you stand mount the TV, use only the you use the TV. If damage is caused by failure to supplied stand. Secure the stand to the follow instructions, the warranty does not apply. TV tightly. Place the TV on a flat, level surface that can support the weight of 1�1 Safety the TV and stand. • Risk of electric shock
• Risk of hearing damage! Avoid using crossed-out wheel bin symbol attached to a earphones or headphones at high volumes product, it means the product is covered by or for prolonged periods of time. the European Directive 2002/96/EC: • Never allow children to climb on or play with the TV. • Place the TV where it cannot be pushed, pulled over or knocked down. • If the TV is transported in temperatures below 5°C: • Never dispose this product with othe
2 Your TV 21 � Connection overview 10 11 14 12 15 5 4 3 2 1 13 16 17 18 9 19 8 20 6 7 6. HDMI 1/2/3 1. EXT 1 HDMI input connectors for Blu-ray disc First SCART connector for DVD players, players, digital receivers, game consoles and VCRs, digital receivers, game consoles and other high-definition devices. other SCART devices. Supports Audio L/R, CVBS in/out, RGB 7. AUDIO IN Mini-jack connector for PC audio in (when 2. EXT 2 connecting a PC via DVI-HDMI adaptor
3. MENU 14. * (Headphones) Stereo mini-jack. 4. VOLUME +/- 15. AUDIO L/R 5. Power indicator/remote control sensor Audio L/R input connectors for composite and S-Video devices. 6. Clock 16. VIDEO Video input connector for composite devices 17. S-VIDEO S-Video input connector for S-Video devices. 18. USB USB connector for storage devices. 19. HDMI Additional HDMI connector for mobile high-definition devices. 20. COMMOM INTERFACE Slot for Conditional Access Modul
Setup remote control 3 Remote control For advanced information about the remote This remote control may be purchased control, see Chapter 5 Remote control overview. separately for Institutional TV/Professional and Business Solutions features and SmartCard Guest mode remote control settings. For setup and configuration purposes. POWER RECALL TEXT SMART SLEEP CC GUEST DCM 1 2 3 SETUP 4 5 6 8 9 7 GUIDE RESET CH 0 M A/CH _ + + + VOL CH _ _ A B C D E F G CLOCK A / V EN-8
Step 1 Purchase a VESA-compatible wall 4 Get started bracket This section helps you position and install the Depending on the size of your TV screen, TV. purchase one of the following wall brackets: 4.1 Position the TV TV VESA- Special screen compatible instructions In addition to reading and understanding the size wall bracket safety instructions in Section 1.1, consider the (inches/ type (mm) following before positioning your TV: cm) 22" /56 cm Adjustable
D NOTE When securing the VESA-compatible wall bracket to your TV, use M4 bolts for 26 inch models, M6 bolts for 32 inch models or M8 bolts for larger models (bolts not supplied). 4�3 Connect the antenna cable 1. Locate the AC IN mains connector at the back or on the bottom of the TV. 2. Connect the mains cord to the AC IN mains connector. 1. Locate the TV ANTENNA connector at 3. Connect the mains cord to the mains, the back of the TV. ensuring that the cord is tightly s
1. Slide the battery cover off the back of the remote control. 2. Insert the two supplied batteries (Size AAA, Type LR03). Be sure the + and - ends of the batteries line up with the markings inside 2. Push the CAM in as far as it will go. the case. 3. Slide the cover back into position. E Tip Remove the batteries if not using the remote control for an extended period of time. 46 � Prepare TV for digital services Scrambled digital TV channels can be decoded 3.
SECURITY SECURITY STANDARD KEYBOARD LOCK ALL REMOTE CONTROL LOCK NO VIDEO OUT MUTE NO USB BREAKIN NO EPG NO TXT/MHEG NO CI CARD YES 4. Press MENU or M to exit. EN-12
2. GUIDE 5 Remote control Toggles the Electronic Programme Guide overview on or off. Only active with digital channels. 3. RADIO D Note Accesses the radio channels. Remote control is not supplied. Purchase remote control no. 22AV1105/10 from a 4. SUBTITLE Philips authorized supplier. Activates or deactivates subtitles. 5. Colour keys This section provides a detailed overview of Selects tasks, teletext pages or sets sleep remote control no. 22AV1105/10. timer. 6.
6�12 � With setup remote control 6 Setup the TV On-screen menus help you setup and install channels on the TV. This section describes how POWER RECALL to navigate the menus. TEXT SMART SLEEP CC GUEST DCM 123 6�1 Access setup menu SETUP SETUP 45 6 61 � 1 � With guest mode remote control 7 8 9 GUIDE RESET CH 0 A/CH M M _ + + + 1. Slide the slider at the side of the remote VOL CH __ control to SETUP. to ABC D 2. Press M to display the SETUP menu. EF G CLOCK A / V SETUP LANGUAGE ENGLI
special remote control. Contact your local 63 � Select country PHILIPS sales representatives for details. 1. Enter SETUP menu. • OFF 2. Press > to select your country. Select to return to factory default. 5. Press ï to select ENABLE CARD SLOT. SETUP LANGUAGE ENGLISH 6. Press Æ to select YES to enable system COUNTRY BELGIUM COMMUNICATION > card functions. NO. OF PROGRAMS > See Section 8.2 Set Comminication Source for AUTO INSTALL > details. PROGRAM INSTALL > CONFIGURATION
SETUP SETUP LANGUAGE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENGLISH COUNTRY AUSTRIA COUNTRY AUSTRIA COMMUNICATION > COMMUNICATION > NO. OF PROGRAMS > NO. OF PROGRAMS > AUTO INSTALL > AUTO INSTALL > PROGRAM INSTALL > PROGRAM INSTALL > CONFIGURATION > CONFIGURATION > CLOCK SETUP > CLOCK SETUP > CLONING/UPGRADE > CLONING/UPGRADE > HEALTHCARE > HEALTHCARE > 3. Press Æ to enter NO� OF PROGRAMS. 3. Press Æ to start installation. The installation may take a few minutes 4. Press Î or ï to select TV, PAY
4. Press Æ to select the type of channel that frequency or press Æ to start installation you want to install: TV, PAYTV, INFO or of channels. The searching will stop once a RADIO. channel is found. 5. Press the number buttons to select a 12. Press ï to select CHANNEL channel number for the type of channel OPTIONS. selected. 13. Press Æ to enter CHANNEL OPTIONS. PROGRAM INSTALL CHANNEL OPTIONS PROGRAM NO. TV 25 FINE TUNE 0 INPUT TUNER TELETEXT LANGUAGE WEST EU SYSTEM*
D Note 6�8 Switch off sound from audio When a channel is locked, LOCKED or video source will appear on the TV screen. You need to 1. Enter SETUP menu. unlock the channel before you can access it. 2. Press ï to select PROGRAM INSTALL 4. Press Í or Æ or number buttons to adjust > MUTE. the frequency. 3. Press Æ to switch to NONE (switch 5. Press ï to select Store. off sound for audio and video), AUDIO 6. Press Æ to store the fine tuned channel (switch off sound for audi
|1||Philips / 20PFL5522D||Flat Panel Television||232|
|2||Philips 1346||Flat Panel Television||27|
|3||Philips 107FP4||Flat Panel Television||17|
|4||Philips 0150FD9935||Flat Panel Television||12|
|5||Philips 13" Color TV 13MT1431||Flat Panel Television||16|