Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Philips 42PFL7404D/78. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Philips 42PFL7404D/78.
If looking through the Philips 42PFL7404D/78 user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Philips 42PFL7404D/78 but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Philips 42PFL7404D/78. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
Register your product and get support at
* Non-contractual image
EN User manual
8 Product information 23 Contents 9 Troubleshooting 25 1 Notice 2 10 Index 27 2 Important 3 3 Y our product 5 Product overview 5 4 Use your product 7 Switch y our TV on/off or to standby 7 Switch channels 7 Watch connected devices 7 Adjust TV volume 8 5 Use more of your product 9 Access TV menus 9 Change picture and sound settings 9 Create and use lists of favorite channels 12 Hide and sho w a channel
1 Notice 2009 © Koninklijk e Philips Electronics N.V. All rights reserved. VESA, FDMI and the VESA Mounting Compliant Speci cations are subject to change without logo are trademarks of the Video Electronics notice. Trademarks are the property of Standards Association. Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. or their P ortions of this software are copyright © The respective owners. Philips reserves the right FreeType Project (www.freetype.org). to change products at any t
• When stand mounting the TV, use only 2 Impor tant the supplied stand. Secure the stand to the TV tightly. Place the TV on a at, level surface that can support the combined Read and under stand all instructions before you weight of the TV and the stand. use your TV. If damage is caused by failure to • W hen wall mounting the TV, use only a follow instructions, the warranty does not apply. wall mount that can support the weight of the TV. Secure the wall mount to a wall tha
• W hen you disconnect the power cord, always pull the plug, never the cable. • D isconnect the TV from the power outlet and antenna before lightning When this crossed-out wheeled bin symbol storms. During lightning storms, never is attached to a product it means that the touch any part of the TV, power cord or product is covered by the European Directive antenna cable. 2002/96/EC. Please inform yourself about the R isk of hearing damage! local separate collection system
Remote control 3 Y our product Congr atulations on your purchase, and 1 1 welcome to Philips! To fully bene t from the 2 2 29 29 support that Philips offers, register your product 3 3 28 28 at www.philips.com/welcome. 4 4 27 27 5 5 26 26 6 6 Product overview 25 25 7 7 This section gives you an overview of commonly used controls and functions. 8 8 Side controls 9 9 24 24 10 10 4 4 11 11 12 12 13 13 3 3 14 14 23 23 15 15 2 2 16 16 22 22 1 1 17 17 a POWER: S
b FA VOURITES t Note used. M ark a channel as favorite. u A/CH ( Alternate channel ) c SOURCE Toggles between the current channel and Selects connected devices. the last viewed channel. d CLOCK v +/- ( Volume +/-) D isplays the clock. Increases or decreases volume. e CC w ( Mute ) D isplays closed captions settings. M utes or restores audio output. f ( Home) x BA CK Toggles the home menu on or off. R eturns to a
Switch channels 4 Use your product This section helps y ou perform basic operations (see ‘Use more of your product’ on page 9 ) . Switch y our TV on/off or to standby • Pr ess BA CK A/CH o n the remote control to return to the previously viewed channel. • Pr ess CH +/- o n the remote control or P/CH +/- on the side of the TV. • Pr ess OK to use the channel matrix. • Enter a channel number using the Numeric buttons . Note
Use the home men u Note • You can add new devices to the home menu for easy access. 1 Press ( Home). » The home menu appears. 2 Press to select the device. 3 Press OK to watch the connected device on your TV. Adjust TV volume To increase or decrease volume • Press +/-. • P ress VOLUME +/- o n the side of the TV. T o mute or unmute sound • P ress to mute the sound. • Press again to restore the sound.
• [Installation] Accesses the channel 5 Use more of installation, clock, and child lock menus. your product • [B rowse USB] Ac cesses ash drives. 3 Press OK to con rm your choice. 4 Press ( Home) to exit. Access TV menus Tip Menus help you to install channels, change • A fter selecting [Add your devices] , follow the picture and sound settings and access other on-screen instructions to select the correct features. device and connector. Access t
• [Vivid] Maximizes picture and sound • [C olor Temp] : Adjusts the color settings. balance in an image. • [S tandard] A djusts picture and • [ Custom tint] : Creates a customized sound settings to suit most tint setting. environments and types of video. • [ Pixel Plus HD] / [Pixel Precise HD] : • [M ovie] Applies picture and sound Fine tunes each pixel to match settings ideally suited for movie surrounding pixels. This produces a viewing. brilliant, high-de nitio
Change pictur e format Adjust sound settings 1 Press ( Home ). 2 Press t o select [Setup] > [Sound] . 3 Press to select and adjust: • [B ass] : A djusts the bass level. • [T reble] : A djusts the treble level. • [V olume] : A djusts the volume. 1 Press FORMAT. • [A udio language] : (Digital channels » A picture f ormat bar appears. only). Selects between audio 2 Press t o select a picture format. languages whe
Create and use lists of Hide and sho w a channel favorite channels 1 When watching TV, press OK t o display You can create lists of your preferred TV the channel grid. channels so that you can nd those channels 2 Press t o choose the channel that easily. you wish to hide. 3 Press OPTIONS . Note 4 Press t o select [Hide channel] . • Digital radio stations can also be added to 5 Press OK . favorite lists, if support
Use EPG Use child contr ol and rating locks 1 When watching TV, press GU IDE . You can prevent your children from watching » The EPG planner screen appear s. certain programs or certain channels by locking the TV controls and by using ratings. 2 Press ( Home ). » The progr am guide menu appears. Set or change y our PIN code 3 Press t o select an option, and then press OK t o con rm it. 1 Press ( Home ). 4 Press ( Home ) to e
Use the TV clock View photos, play music and watch video from a USB You can display a clock on the TV screen. The storage device clock displays the current time using time data received from your TV service operator. Y our TV is tted with a USB connector that W hen watching TV, press CLOCK. enables you to view photos, listen to music or » The clock is displa yed. watch movies stored on a USB storage device. Suppo rted le formats Change the clock mode P
• [Channel information size] : Displays Update the TV software information about the TV channel every time you switch channels. Philips continuously tries to improve its • [EasyLink] : E nables one-touch play products and we recommend that you update and one-touch standby between the TV software when updates are available. EasyLink-compliant devices. Check www.philips.com/support for availability. • [EasyLink Remote Control] : When EasyLink is enabled, allows remote Dow
Display closed captions Closed captioning displays the audio portion of a television program as text on the television screen. Note • Check with your TV network for closed captioning availability. 1 When watching TV, press CC. 2 Press OP TIONS to display the type of closed captioning channels. 2 Select a type from the list. 3 Press OK . 16 EN
6 Install channels The rst time you setup your TV, you are prompted to select a menu language and to install TV and digital radio channels (if available). This chapter provides instructions on how to re-install and ne tune channels. Automaticall y install channels This section describes how to search and store channels automatically. 1 Press ( Home ). 2 Select [Installation] > [Channel installation] > [Automatic installation] . 3 Select [Start] a n
b AUDIO IN L/R 7 Connect devices A udio input from devices that require a separate audio connection, such as a computer. This section describes how to connect c VGA various devices with different connectors and Video input from a computer. supplements examples provided in the Quick Start. d SPDIF OUT Digital audio output to home theaters Note and other digital audio systems. • D ifferent types of connectors may be used to e AV IN ( VIDEO IN a nd A
|1||Philips / 20PFL5522D||Flat Panel Television||181|
|2||Philips 1346||Flat Panel Television||21|
|3||Philips 107FP4||Flat Panel Television||13|
|4||Philips 0150FD9935||Flat Panel Television||10|
|5||Philips 13" Color TV 13MT1431||Flat Panel Television||15|