Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Philips 42PFL76X5H. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Philips 42PFL76X5H.
If looking through the Philips 42PFL76X5H user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Philips 42PFL76X5H but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Philips 42PFL76X5H. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
Register your product and get support at
EN User Manual
Contents 1 Get started 3 6 Troubleshooting 63 TV Tour 3 Contact us 63 Important 8 General TV issues 63 Position the TV 11 TV channel issues 63 Product highlights 12 Picture issues 63 Access more information 13 Sound issues 64 HDMI connection issues 64 2 Use your TV 14 USB connection issues 65 Overview 14 Network connection issues 65 Side controls and indicators 14 7 Technical data 66 Remote control 14 Basic TV menus 16 Overview 66 Watch TV 18 Power and reception 66 Watch a c
1 Get started TV Tour The remote control To open or close the Home menu . In the Home menu, you can access connected devices, picture and sound settings, and other useful features. To adjust the volume. To open or close the Browse menu . In the Browse menu, you can access Teletext, the channel list, or the electronic Program Guide (EPG)*. To switch TV channels. *EPG is not available in all countries. EN 3 English
To open or close the Options menu . Back . Options menus offer convenient settings To return to the previous TV channel or menu. Press and hold to return to watching related to what is on-screen. TV. To open or close the Experience menu . Red In the Experience menu, you can access a To select the red option, access digital range of frequently used settings. Interactive TV services*, or watch TV demonstration clips. *Available on certain models only. EN
Blue Green To select the blue option. To select the green option or the energy- efficient settings. Read more about the remote control in Help > Use your TV > Remote control > Overview (Page 14). Alternatively, find the answer in Search for... Press to select the next TV tour. The TV menus Yellow To select the yellow option. Let's learn more about these frequently used menus: • the Home menu • the Browse menu • the Options menu • the Experi
In the Options menu , you can select In the Home menu , you can select the settings related to what is shown on screen. source to watch, such as a TV channel, or For example, while you watch a channel, you movies from a connected DVD player or can mark it as a favorite. USB flash drive. You can also add a new device or access the [Setup] menu for more settings. In the Experience menu , you can quickly adjust Ambilight*, picture, and sound In the Browse Menu ,
The HDMI connection offers the best Connect devices picture and sound quality. If you connect a device to this TV, access the Home menu to add it. Press > [Add your devices], then follow the on-screen instructions. Ensure that you select the correct TV connector which the device is connected to. Read more in Help > Use your TV > Basic TV Menus > Add your devices (Page 17). If you connect an EasyLink (HDMI-CEC) compliant device to the TV, it is automatically adde
Contact your dealer for more information. Risk of electric shock or fire! Go to www.philips.com/support to find Never expose the TV to rain or water. FAQs that list the HD channels or providers Never place liquid containers, such as vases, in your country. near the TV. If liquids are spilt on or into the TV, disconnect the TV from the power Network and Net TV outlet immediately. Contact Philips Consumer Care to have the TV checked before use. • Never insert objects into the vent
• Disconnect the TV from the power • When wall mounting the TV, use only a outlet and aerial before lightning wall mount that can support the weight storms. During lightning storms, never of the TV. Secure the wall mount to a touch any part of the TV, power cord wall that can support the combined or aerial cable. weight of the TV and wall mount. Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. bears Risk of hearing damage! no responsibility for improper wall Avoid using earpho
End of use Your product contains batteries covered by NonPublish the European Directive 2006/66/EC, which Your product is designed and manufactured cannot be disposed with normal household with high quality materials and components, waste. Please inform yourself about the local which can be recycled and reused. rules on separate collection of batteries because correct disposal helps to prevent negative consequences for the environmental and human health. When this crosse
Built-in energy efficient settings Find detailed information on standby energy • Low standby power consumption: The consumption, warranty policy, spare parts and recycling of this TV at the Philips website class-leading and highly-advanced www.philips.com. for your country at power circuitry brings down the power consumption of the TV to an extremely Information on end of use low level, without losing out on the Inform yourself on the correct disposal of constant standby fun
Before you wall mount the TV, determine • While seated, your eyes should be level the correct length of the screw. with the center of the screen. You can determine the length of the screw by adding the thickness of your wall mount • For best Ambilight effect, position the to the screw length shown in the graphic. TV 25 cm away from the wall. For 46 inch TVs: Product highlights Before you wall mount the TV, determine the correct length of the screw. You can de
Digital TV Multimedia In addition to normal analog TV broadcasts, View or play your own multimedia files (such your TV can receive digital terrestrial (DVB- as photos, music and videos) from the USB T) broadcasts. Where available, your TV can connection on the side of the TV, or directly also receive digital cable (DVB-C) and digital from your PC. radio broadcast. See Use more of your TV > Access DVB (Digital Video Broadcasting) gives you multimedia (Page 30). better picture an
2 Use your TV Overview This section gives you an overview of commonly used TV controls and functions. Side controls and indicators NonPublish 1. Ambient sensor/ remote control sensor. Remote control Overview NonPublish 1. +/- : Increases or decreases volume. In home menu, these buttons allow you to move horizontally. 2. : Accesses the home menu. Press again 1. (Standby): Switches the TV to standby if to launch an activity in home menu. it is on. Switches on the T
Batteries Open the battery cover on the back of the remote control to insert the batteries (Type AAA-LR03-1.5V or Type CR2032-3V). Make sure the + and - ends of the batteries line up correctly (+ and - are marked inside). 7. (Experience): Accesses the experience Remove the batteries if you are not using menu. the remote control for a long time. Dispose 8. (Options): Accesses options for the of batteries according to the end of use directives. Read Get started > Importa
To access the OSRC For remote control with AAA batteries (side 1. While watching TV or a connected device, by side): press . 2. Select [Show device keys], then press OK. 3. Use the Navigation buttons and OK to select and use an on-screen button. Basic TV menus Home NonPublish The home menu gives you easy access to connected devices, picture and sound settings, and other useful features. 1. Press . 2. Select an item in the home menu, then press OK to access the menu.
• [Speakers]: Configure TV speakers for Browse NonPublish Philips EasyLink. The browse menu gives you easy access to: • [Picture shift]: Adjusts the position of • Electronic program guide the picture. • TV channel list • Teletext Channel list NonPublish To access the browse menu, while watching The channel list displays the TV channels and TV, press . possible radio stations installed on your TV. 1. While watching TV, press . 2. Select [Channel list], then press OK.
• If the front LED indicator is off, press • [Channel settings]: Advanced channel the power switch (1) on the bottom of settings. the TV to the ' | ' position. • [Connect to network]: Guides you • If the front LED indicator is red, press through the connection to your PC on the remote control (2). network. Alternatively, switch on the TV from • [Network settings]: Advanced network standby by pressing any key on the side settings. of the TV. • [Update software]: Guides
• Press +/- on the side of the TV. Switch channels • Press on the remote control or P/CH +/- on the side of the TV. NonPublish To mute or unmute sound • Press to mute the sound. • Press , then select [Channel list] to • Press again to restore the sound. use the channel list. Use the [Sound] menu to adjust headphone • Press to return to the previously- volume. For more information, see Setup viewed channel. the TV > Change picture and sound • Enter a channe
• [Custom]: Allows you to customize • [Super zoom]: Removes the black bars and store personal picture settings. on the sides of 4:3 broadcasts. Not recommended for HD or PC. 3. Press OK to confirm your choice. • [Movie expand 16:9]: Scales the classic 4. Press to exit. 4:3 format to 16:9. Not recommended for HD or PC. Use Smart sound settings NonPublish • [Wide screen]: Stretches the classic 4:3 Use the [Smart sound] experience menu to format to 16:9. access frequently-u
|1||Philips / 20PFL5522D||Flat Panel Television||181|
|2||Philips 1346||Flat Panel Television||21|
|3||Philips 107FP4||Flat Panel Television||13|
|4||Philips 0150FD9935||Flat Panel Television||10|
|5||Philips 13" Color TV 13MT1431||Flat Panel Television||15|