Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Philips 42TA648BX/. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Philips 42TA648BX/.
If looking through the Philips 42TA648BX/ user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Philips 42TA648BX/ but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Philips 42TA648BX/. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
Register your product and get support at
EN: For further assistance, call the customer support service in your country.
EN User Manual
• U.S.A., PUERTO RICO, OR U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS:
FR Manuel de l’utilisateur
• CANADA: 1-800-661-6162 (French speaking),
1-888-PHILIPS (1-888-744-5477) - (English or Spanish)
ES Guía del usuario
Enter below the Serial No. located on the rear of the cabinet.
FR: Pour obtenir de l’aide supplémentaire,
Return your Product Registration Card or register online at www.philips.com/welcome today to get the very most from your purchase. Registering your model with PHILIPS makes you eligible for all of the valuable benefits listed below, so don't miss out. Complete and return your Product Registration Card at once, or register online at www.philips.com/welcome to ensure: *Proof of *Product Safety *Additional Benefits Purchase Notification Returning the enclosed card guarantees By registering your p
EN-2 TA64-DFU.indb 2 2008-03-26 1:34:04 PM ESPAÑOL FRANÇAISE ENGLISH
2007 © Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. All to correct the interference by one or more of the rights reserved. Speciﬁ cations are subject to change following measures: without notice. Trademarks are the property • Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. of Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. or their respective owners. • Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver. Philips reserves the right to change products at any time without being obliged to adjust earli
6. Change your TV installation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25 Contents Select your menu language . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25 Set your location to home . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25 1. Important . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 Tune channels automatically . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25 Product information . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 Optimize the signal quality from your antenna
1.2 Scr een care 1. Important • Turn off and unplug the power cord before cleaning the screen. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to Philips! • Clean the screen with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use substances such To fully benefit from the support that Philips offers, register your as household cleaning agents as these may damage the screen. product at www.philips.com/welcome. Registering your model with Philips makes you eligible for all of the valuable benefits listed below, so
For more information about TV connections, see Connect your de vices on 2. Y our TV page 30. This section describes the controls and functions of your TV. 2.2 Remote control 2.1 T elevision overview Front and side controls 1 2 VOLUME 4 3 3 MENU CHANNEL 2 4 1 POWER 5 5 1. Power switch 2. Channel up/down 6 3. Menu The MENU key can be used as an OK key in some submenus. 7 4. Volume up/down 5. Remote control sensor 8 Side connectors Use the TV side connectors to connect to mobile devices such
3.2 Install the remote control batteries 3. Get started This section describes how to position and connect your TV, and how to perform your first-time installation. 3.1 P osition the TV B Warning • Do not insert the power plug into the wall socket before all the connections are made. • Large screen TVs are heavy. Two people are required to carry and handle the TV. • Before you move your TV, disconnect the cables to prevent 1. Open the battery cover on the back of the remote control. break
Connect to a Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) Connect a set-top box through component video input or HDMI There are two main DBS systems: DirecTV and DishNetwork. These systems require a separate, proprietary set-top box to decode signals and send them to the TV. The set-top box contains a digital TV tuner for receiving off-air digital television broadcasts. Contact your local DBS provider for more information about the SER SERV V V V. U . U connections and the TV channels. R R R R R L
3.5 Mana ge cables Route your power cord, antenna cable and all other device cables through the cable holder at the back of the TV. This holder helps keep your cables tidy and easily manageable. 3.6 Switch on and setup the TV The TV switches on automatically after connecting the power cord. Thank you for your purchase of this PHILIPS TV. Please proceed with the following steps to set-up your TV. For the BEST possible picture performance, contact your local Cable / Satellite signal provider
4.2 Watch TV 4. Use your TV Switch channels This section helps you perform basic TV operations. 1. Press a number (1 to 999) or press CH+ or CH- on your remote control. 4.1 Switch your TV on/off or to standby For digital channels, press a number (1 to 999) followed by a dot "." and then the corresponding sub channel number (1 to 999). Ex. To switch the TV on 108.30. • Press . POWER at the right side of the TV. 2. Press PREV CH to return to the previously viewed TV channel. POWER D Note Yo
4.3 Watch channels from a set-top box 1. Switch on the set-top box. The picture from your set-top box might appear automatically on your screen. 2. Use the remote control of your set-top box to select channels. If the picture does not appear 1. Press SOURCE repeatedly to select the connected set-top box and wait a few seconds for the picture to appear. 2. Use the remote control of your set-top box to select channels. 4.4 W atch connected devices 1. Switch the connected device on. The pictur
4. FORMAT 5. Use mor e of your TV Selects a picture format. See Change picture format on page 14 . 5. Color keys This section describes the advanced features of your TV. Selects tasks. 6. OPTION 5.1 Understand the remote control Activates the quick access menu. For information, see Use the quick access menu on the next page. 7. OK To display the channel list or to activate a setting. 1 8. Cursor buttons Í Æ Î ï To navigate through the menus. 2 9. INFO 21 3 Press to display information
3. Press ï and Æ to select the Picture menu. 5.2 Use the quick access menu The quick access menu gives direct access to some often needed menu TV menu items. TV Settings Picture Settings assistant Contrast D Note Picture Brightness When digital channels are installed and broadcast, the relevant digital Sound Color options are displayed in the quick access menu. Tint 1. Press OPTION on the remote control. Sharpness Color temperature Dynamic contrast DNR 4. Press Î or ï to select one of th
Summary of picture settings Summary of picture formats The following picture settings can be configured. Depending on the The following picture formats can be selected. Depending on the format format of the picture source, some picture settings might not be of the picture source, some picture formats might not be available. available. • Contrast - Sets the level of white in the picture. Automatic • Brightness - Sets the brightness of the picture. (Not for PC mode.) Enlarges the picture aut
Chang e sound settings 5.4 Use Auto Mode This section describes how to adjust your sound settings. 1. Press Auto Mode to set your TV to a predefined picture and sound setting. 1. Press MENU on the remote control and select TV settings > Sound. TV menu TV Settings Sound Settings assistant Equalizer Picture Balance Sound Digital audio language Alternate audio Mono/Stereo Incredible surround 2. Press Î or ï to select one of the following settings: AVL • Personal BBE The customized setting
6. Press the green key to exit. TV menu I Installation Clock Auto clock mode Switch to one of the channels on a list Manual Auto clock mode 1. Press the OK key on the remote control to display the last list that Time Automatic you selected. Day 2. Press Î or ï to highlight a channel. 3. Press OK select the channel. The TV switches to that channel. Set the clock This section describes how set the time, date, time zone, and daylight saving. 3. Press ï to select Time and then press Æ to set
• Press Î or ï to highlight Automatic or Off. 5.8 Use child control and rating locks • Press Í to confirm your choice. This section describes how to lock or unlock the TV. You can set a personal identification number (PIN) and prevent your children from 6. Press MENU to exit. watching certain programs or certain channels. Set the time manually Set or chang e your PIN 1. Press MENU on the remote control and select Installation > 1. Press MENU on the remote control and select Features > Cl
2. Enter your PIN. If you do not have a PIN, set one as described in Set or change your TV menu Features Child Lock PIN on the previous page. TV ratings lock TV-14 All (D)Dialog TV menu Features (L)Language None Child Lock Channel lock TV-Y (S)Sex Lock after Channel 1 Sport TV-Y7 (V)Violence Channel 2 News Channel lock TV-G Channel 3 Movies TV ratings lock TV-PG Movie ratings lock Channel 4 TV14 Canada English ratings lock Channel 5 TV-MA Canada French ratings lock Channel 6 Region ratin
Summary of TV ratings 4. Press Î or ï and then press OK to lock or unlock one or more movie ratings. Age rating Content rating Each rating has a box-graphic in front of it to indicate whether it is All None locked: None None • A box with X indicates that the rating is locked TV-Y None Appropriate for children of all ages with themes • An empty box indicates that the rating is not locked and elements suitable for children aged 2-6. When you lock a movie rating, all items for ages below that mo
|1||Philips / 20PFL5522D||Flat Panel Television||177|
|2||Philips 1346||Flat Panel Television||18|
|3||Philips 107FP4||Flat Panel Television||13|
|4||Philips 0150FD9935||Flat Panel Television||10|
|5||Philips 13" Color TV 13MT1431||Flat Panel Television||15|