Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Sony Laptop PCG-FX877. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Sony Laptop PCG-FX877.
If looking through the Sony Laptop PCG-FX877 user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Sony Laptop PCG-FX877 but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Sony Laptop PCG-FX877. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
SERVICE MANUAL For American Area
All the supplementary
information are attached
at the end of data files.
Lineup : PCG-FX777
Illust : PCG-FX877
Information in this document is subject to change without notice. Caution Markings for Lithium/Ion Battery - The following or similar texts shall be provided on battery pack of equipment or in both the Sony and VAIO are trademarks of Sony. Intel logo and Intel Inside operating and the service instructions. logo are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. Pentium MMX is a trademark of Intel Corporation. Microsoft, MS-DOS, Windows, CAUTION: Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replace
TABLE OF CONTENTS Section Title Page Section Title Page CHAPTER 1. REMOVAL CHAPTER 2. SELF DIAGNOSTICS ......................... 2-1 1-1. Flowchart ......................................................................... 1-1 (to 2-1) 1-2. Main Electrical Parts Location Diagram ......................... 1-1 1-3. Removal ........................................................................... 1-2 CHAPTER 3. BLOCK DIAGRAM ............................... 3-1 1. Assy Hood Keyboard, Keyboard Unit
CHAPTER 1. REMOVAL 1-1. Flowchart CNX-125 BOARD P 1-4 PLATE BRACKET PAD PALMREST PAD TOUCH P 1-4 P 1-4 P 1-4 ASSY ASSY COVER LCD INVERTER HOUSING HOUSING HINGE UNIT UNIT BEZEL DISPLAY P 1-5 ∗P 1-9 ∗P 1-9 ∗P 1-10 ∗P 1-10 COMBINATION DISPLAY (P 1-11) (P 1-11) (P 1-12) (P 1-12) DRIVE ASSY P 1-2 P 1-5 HARNESS P 1-3 LCD ∗P 1-10 (P 1-12) ASSY LATCH KEYBOARD DOOR ASSY PWS-13 BRACKET MBX-49 POWER HOOD FPC OFF DETECTOR UNIT BATTERY PALMREST BOARD I/O BOARD KEYBOARD P 1-2 P 1-2 P 1-3 P 1-4 P 1-6 P 1-6 P 1
1-3.Removal 1. Assy Hood Keyboard, Keyboard Unit 3Screw M2X4 Special Head (Black) 4Pull it up sliding it to the right. 8Screw M2X4 Special Head (Black) 6Assy Hood Keyboard q;Keyboard Unit 7 5 Four Claws 1 9 2 MBX-49 Board MBX-49 Board CN2004 CN1902 2. DC-Fan, Combination Drive 5Screw (M2) 0 Number P3 Kind (X4) (Black) 2+B M2 (X2) (Gold) 3Plate ground 1 MBX-49 Board CN701 7DC Fan 4 9Screw M2X6 Special Head (Gold) 6 MBX-49 Board CN102 8 qaCombination Drive q; Confidential PCG-FX777/FX877 (AM) 1-2
3. Combination Drive 5Bracket CD-ROM R 3+B M2 (NOJI) (X2) (Gold) 4+B M2 (NOJI) (X2) (Gold) 8COMBO Drive 6Screw (M1.7X3.5) (X3) (Black) Claw 2Bracket (CD-ROM L) 1+B M2 (NOJI) (X2) (Gold) 7Assy Door DVD-RW (PA) 4. HDD, Door Battery 1Screw M2X6 Special Head (X6) (Gold) 1Screw M3X4 (X2) (Gold) 3 3Bracket HDD 2FPC 50Pin (for HDD) MBX-49 Board CN2201 4FPC 50Pin 5HDD (for HDD) 2Screw M3X4 (X2) (Gold) 4Door Battery Confidential 1-3 PCG-FX777/FX877 (AM)
5. Assy Palmrest, Pad Touch, CNX-125 Board, Plate Palmrest, Bracket Pad 3Pull it to the front slightly and raise to remove it. Assy Palmrest 1Screw M2X4 Special Head (Black) 7CNX-125 Board 9Pad, Touch 4 8FPC (TP-CNX) PWS-13 Board 6FPC (SWX-PWS) CN4004 5Bracket Pad 4Remove by pressing to rear. 3Plate Palmrest 1M2X4 Special 2Move down the front Head (x4) (Black) portion slightly 2Screw (M2), downward and then pull it out. 0 Number P3 Kind (X4) (Black) Confidential PCG-FX777/FX877 (AM)
6. Display Assy, Cover Hinge 1Stand the LCD upright to the MBX-49 board. 7Screw M2.6 Cross (Hole) 3+B M2 (X2) (Gold) Bind (Black) 9Screw M2X6 Special Head (Gold) 4Plate ground q;Screw +B 2X12 (Silver) qaM2X6 Special Head (Gold) 2 qs 5Screw M2.6 Cross (Hole) Six Claws Bind (Black) MBX-49 Board 6Screw M2.6 Cross CN701 (Hole) Bind (X2) (Black) 8Screw (M2), 0 Number P3 Kind (Black) qdClose simultaneously both left and right hinges approximately 90° in the direction of the arrow. qfCover Hin
7. PWS-13 Board, Latch Detector 2Screw M2X4 Special Head (X2) (Black) 6PWS-13 Board 5Latch Detector 1 3 MBX-49 Board CON22 4Two Claws 8. PC Card Connector, Card Modem, MBX-49 Board, Bracket I/O, Lithium Battery qjBracket I/O qhScrew (HEX) (X6) (Silevr) 2+B 2X4 (Silver) 1Screw M2X4 Special Head (X3) (Black) 1 * CPU 9PC Card Connector qsNUT M2 TYPE2 (X2) qjMBX-49 Board 3Screw (MBX) (Silver) CON4 8Screw +B 2X14 qa (X2) (Silver) 7 qgSpacer 4Screw M2X4 Special (MBX) (X2) Head (X2) (Black) 2 * qfCa
9. Speaker Unit, SWX-73 Board 6Screw M2X4 (X2) (Black) Note : When removing the speaker 4Screw M2X4 (X5) (Black) unit, be sure not to damage the hood keyboard. SWX-73 Board 7Speaker Unit CN301 3 SWX-73 Board CN302 5SWX-73 Board 8Screw M2X4 (X2) (Black) SWX-73 Board CN303 FFC (PPK) 1 2 9Speaker Unit Note : To re-install it, align the notch of the speaker unit with the projection of the hood keyboard. Notch Speaker Unit Notch Hood Keyboard Projection Projection Hood Keyboard 10. SO-DIMM 1Screw
11. Card Modem (Removing from the bottom) 1Screw M2X4 Special Head (Black) 2Door Modem 3Grip M2 (X2) (Black) 5 4Card Modem Confidential PCG-FX777/FX877 (AM) 1-8
12. LCD Section (FX877 Model) – Made by TS – 1. Assy Housing Bezel, LCD Unit 1Cover Screw Side (15) (X3) 3Cover Screw 2+P M2X3 Lock (X3) (Gold) Shaft Assy Housing Bezel 15SA-Z 4+P 2.6X6 Lock Precision B Type3 (Black) A : claw part 7 3Cover Screw 2+P M2X3 Lock (X3) (Gold) Shaft 1Cover Screw Side (15) (X3) C B How to release the claw A. 4+P 2.6X6 Lock Precision Type3 Assy Housing Bezel 15SA-Z (Black) A 0 LCD unit Assy Housing Display 15SA-Z Pull the Assy Housing Bezel 8 15SA-Z
2. Inverter Unit, FPC, Assy Housing Display, Harness LCD 6Filament Tape 5 7Screw M2X4 8Harness LCD Special Head (Black) Inverter Unit CN2 2Inverter Unit 3 1 4FPC 9Assy Housing Display 15SA-Z Confidential PCG-FX777/FX877 (AM) 1-10
13. LCD Section (FX777 Model) – Made by HI– 1. Assy Housing Bezel (14 inch) 1Cover Screw Lower (X2) 2Screw M2X4 Special : claw part Head (X2) (Black) b 1Cover Screw Upper (X2) a 2Screw M2X4 Special Head (X2) (Black) 3 Assy Housing Bezel 14H-Z c b 4Screw M2X4 Special Head (X5) (Black) 4Screw M2X4 Special Head (X5) (Black) 7 LCD Unit How to release the claw a 6 5 Assy Housing Bezel 14H-Z a Assy Housing Display 14SA-Z Pull the Assy Housing Bezel 14H-Z as shown to release the claw a. Inverter Unit
2. Bracket LCD Left, Bracket LCD Right, LCD Unit (14 inch) 3ACE (M2) +B Lock (X2) (Silver) 5LCD Unit 1ACE (M2) +B Lock (X2) (Silver) 4Bracket LCD Left 14 (SA) 2Bracket LCD Right 14 (SA) 3. FPC, Inverter Unit, Assy Housing Display, Harness LCD 9Filament Tape 8 0Harness LCD 6Screw M2X4 Special Head (Black) 5Screw M2X4 Special Head (Black) 1 2Inverter Unit 3 4FPC 7Assy Housing Display 14SA-Z : claw part Confidential PCG-FX777/FX877 (AM) 1-12
1-4.Replacing the CPU NOTE: This computer uses either one of the two types of CPU socket. The CPU locking position and the lock-release position are different depending on the types of the CPU socket. 1. Socket type 1, 2 1. Removing the CPU 1 1 Insert a flat-blade screwdriver into the notch as shown in the illustration and CPU 2 rotate it so that the protrusion comes to the lock release position. 2 Pull the CPU gently upward to lift it out of the CPU socket. CPU socket Lock release position Lock
2. Socket type 3 1. Removing the CPU 1 CPU 2 L O Protrusion CPU socket Lock release position [O] 1 Insert a flat-blade screwdriver into the notch as shown in the illustration and rotate it so that the protrusion comes to the “O” (lock release) position. 2 Pull the CPU gently upward to lift it out of the CPU socket. 2. Installing the CPU 1 2 CPU CPU socket Lock position [L] L Protrusion Reference marks O 1 Align the triangle reference mark of the CPU with that of the CPU socket and insert all the
1-5. DIP Switch Setting of the MBX-49 Board Set the DIP switch on the MBX-49 board (main board) to match with the LCD that is used in this computer, because several types of LCD are used as shown in the following table and the DIP switch setting differs depending on the LCD type. MODEL Name of LCD Part No. DIP switch setting The upper position where ON indication is FX877 TS A-8058-271-A shown is the ON position . The lower position is the OFF position. No. 123 4 5 67 8 ON/OFF 010 0 0 11 1 0 :