Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Whirlpool GC5SHGXKB00. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Whirlpool GC5SHGXKB00.
If looking through the Whirlpool GC5SHGXKB00 user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Whirlpool GC5SHGXKB00 but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Whirlpool GC5SHGXKB00. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
SIDE BY SIDE
Use & Care Guide
For questions about features, operation/performance
parts, accessories or service, call: 1-800-253-1301.
In Canada, call for assistance 1-800-461-5681, for installation
and service, call: 1-800-807-6777
or visit our website at...
www.whirlpool.com or www.whirlpool.com/canada
CÔTE À CÔTE À
Au Canada, pour assistance, composez le 1-800-461-5681, pour
TABLE OF CONTENTS TABLE DES MATIÈRES REFRIGERATOR SAFETY .............................................................3 SÉCURITÉ DU RÉFRIGÉRATEUR ..............................................24 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ..................................................4 INSTRUCTIONS D’INSTALLATION.............................................25 Unpacking ....................................................................................4 Déballage...............................................
REFRIGERATOR SAFETY Your safety and the safety of others are very important. We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages. This is the safety alert symbol. This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can kill or hurt you and others. All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol and either the word “DANGER” or “WARNING.” These words mean: You can be killed or seriously injured if you don't immediately
Location Requirements INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS WARNING Unpacking WARNING Excessive Weight Hazard Explosion Hazard Use two or more people to move and install Keep flammable materials and vapors, such as refrigerator. gasoline, away from refrigerator. Failure to do so can result in back or other injury. Failure to do so can result in death, explosion, or fire. Removing packaging materials Remove tape and glue residue from surfaces before turning NOTE: Do not install the refrigerator near an
Electrical Requirements Removing the Door Handles (on some models) Apply firm pressure with hand on face of trim. Slide top trim up WARNING and bottom trim down away from handle, then lift off of shoulder screws. Remove handle screws. Electrical Shock Hazard Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet. Do not remove ground prong. Do not use an adapter. Do not use an extension cord. Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, fire, or electrical shock. Before you move your refrigerator in
3. Open the freezer door and turn on the ice maker by lowering 6. Fasten shutoff valve to cold water pipe with pipe clamp. Be the wire shutoff arm. Please refer to the “Ice Maker and sure outlet end is solidly in the ¹⁄₄ in. (6.35 mm) drilled hole in Storage Bin/Bucket” section for further instructions on the the water pipe and that washer is under the pipe clamp. operation of your ice maker. Tighten packing nut. Tighten the pipe clamp screws carefully and evenly so washer makes a watertigh
Routing Dimensions for Custom Panels more than ¹⁄₄ in. (6 mm) thick Custom Door Panels Handle side detail Creating Custom Wood Panels If you plan to install custom wood decorator panels, you will need 2¹⁄₂" to create the panels yourself or consult your cabinetmaker or (63.5 mm) min. carpenter. See dimensional drawings for wood panel inserts. Flat panels: You can create a custom flat panel a maximum of ¹⁄₄ in. (6.35 mm) thick to replace your decorator panels. Flat wood panels less ¹⁄₄" (6 mm
7. Tighten the two top trim screws. Leveling Refrigerator Your refrigerator has a front and rear roller at the base of the product on each side. All four rollers can be adjusted from the front of the product. If your refrigerator seems unsteady or you want the doors to close easier, adjust the refrigerator's tilt using the instructions below: 1. Check the installation location to be sure that you have the proper clearance for the refrigerator. See the “Location Requirements” section. Plug
5. Adjust the front leveling bolt to bring the refrigerator top parallel with the cabinet above the refrigerator. For standard cabinets, leave approximately ¹⁄₈ in. (3.18 mm) gap between REFRIGERATOR USE the top hinges and the cabinet. For full-overlay cabinets, leave ¹⁄₄ in. (6.35 mm) gap for leveling. If you do not have a cabinet above the refrigerator, simply adjust the refrigerator to make it level. Ensuring Proper Air Circulation In order to ensure proper temperatures, you need to per
IMPORTANT: Your product will not cool when the Power Control is set to Water and Ice Dispensers OFF. (on some models) The Refrigerator Control adjusts the refrigerator compartment temperature. The Freezer Control adjusts the freezer compartment temperature. Press the UP ARROW to make WARNING the temperature warmer. Press the DOWN ARROW to make the temperature colder. Wait 24 hours before you put food into the refrigerator. If you add food before the refrigerator has cooled complete
3. Remove the glass to stop dispensing. The dispenser lock (on some models) NOTE: The first few batches of ice may have an off-flavor from new plumbing and parts. Throw the ice away. Also, take Your dispenser can be turned off for easy cleaning or to prevent large amounts of ice from the ice bin, not through the accidental dispensing by small children and pets. To turn off the dispenser. dispenser, press the LOCK button. The indicator will appear above the LOCK button and the ice and water
Changing a water filter cartridge 3. Rotate the cartridge cap to a horizontal position as shown in Step 5. See “Changing a water filter cartridge” earlier in this The water filter is located below the freezer compartment door. section. 1. Locate the water filter cartridge cap in the front base grille NOTE: The cartridge cap may not be even with the base below the freezer compartment door. Rotate the cap grille. counterclockwise to a vertical position and pull the cap and filter cartridge o
The quality of your ice will be only as good as the quality of the water supplied to your ice maker. Shelves and Shelf Frames Avoid connecting the ice maker to a softened water supply. To remove and replace a shelf/frame: Water softener chemicals (such as salt) can damage parts of 1. Remove the shelf/frame by tilting it up at the front and lifting it the ice maker and lead to poor quality ice. If a softened water out of the shelf supports. supply cannot be avoided, make sure the water s
Crisper Humidity Control Wine or Can/Bottle Rack (on some models) (on some models - Accessory) You can control the amount of humidity in the moisture-sealed To remove and replace the wine rack (left) or can/bottle crisper. Adjust the control to any setting between LOW and rack (right): HIGH. 1. Remove the rack by pulling it straight out from the shelf. LOW (open) lets moist air out of the crisper for best storage of 2. Replace the rack by sliding it in between the shelf and the fruits and v
Freezer Basket Door Bins Large door bins hold gallon containers and the smaller door bins (plastic bin on some models) hold 2-liter bottles. The door bins are removable for easy The freezer basket can be used to store bags of frozen fruits and cleaning and adjusting. vegetables that may slide off freezer shelves. NOTE: Place large door bins in the upper part of the refrigerator To remove and replace the freezer basket: door so the door will close properly. Small door bins will fit in 1. Re
4. Wash stainless steel and painted metal exteriors with a clean Control Panel Light sponge or soft cloth and a mild detergent in warm water. Do Reach behind the refrigerator control panel to remove and not use abrasive or harsh cleaners. Dry thoroughly with a soft replace light bulb. cloth. For additional protection against damage to painted metal exteriors, apply appliance wax (or auto paste wax) with a clean, soft cloth. Do not wax plastic parts. NOTE: To keep your Stainless Steel ref
REMEMBER: A full freezer stays cold longer than a partially filled 8. Depending on the model, raise the front of the refrigerator so one. A freezer full of meat stays cold longer than a freezer full of it rolls more easily OR screw in the leveling legs so they don't baked goods. If you see that food contains ice crystals, it may be scrape the floor. See the “Leveling Refrigerator” section. refrozen, although the quality and flavor may be affected. If the 9. Tape the doors shut and the power
Are the doors opened often? The motor will run longer Has a large amount of ice just been removed? Allow 24 when this occurs. Conserve energy by getting all items out at hours for ice maker to produce more ice. one time, keeping food organized, and closing the door as Are the controls set correctly? See the “Using the soon as possible. Controls” section. Are the controls not set correctly for the surrounding Is there a water filter installed on the refrigerator? The conditions? Re
Is ice stuck in the delivery chute? Clear the ice from the delivery chute with a plastic utensil. Do not use anything Water or ice is leaking from the dispenser sharp to remove the ice. You could cause damage. Is the glass not being held under the ice dispenser long Is the ice dispenser stalling while dispensing “crushed” enough, causing the ice to spill? Hold the container under ice? Stop dispensing ice. Change the ice button from the ice chute for two to three seconds after releasin
There is interior moisture buildup ASSISTANCE OR SERVICE Are the air vents blocked in the refrigerator? Remove any objects from in front of the air vents. See the “Ensuring Before calling for assistance or service, please check Proper Air Circulation” section for the location of air vents. “Troubleshooting.” It may save you the cost of a service call. If Are the door(s) opened often? Avoid humidity buildup by you still need help, follow the instructions below. getting all items out at o