Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for LG Electronics VERIZONWIRELESS VX3450. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with LG Electronics VERIZONWIRELESS VX3450.
If looking through the LG Electronics VERIZONWIRELESS VX3450 user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual LG Electronics VERIZONWIRELESS VX3450 but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to LG Electronics VERIZONWIRELESS VX3450. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
VX3450_QRG_Cover 1.1 9/18/06 11:24 AM Page 1
WELCOME TO VERIZON WIRELESS
QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
ENHANCED MESSAGE SERVICE
©2006 Verizon Wireless. All Rights Reserved.
BIENVENIDO A VERIZON WIRELESS
GUÍA DE REFERENCIA RÁPIDA
SERVICIO DE MENSAJERÍA OPTIMIZADO
P/N : MCDD0007301(1.1)
©2006 Verizon Wireless. Todos los Derechos Reservados.
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 1 WELCOME AND THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING VERIZON WIRELESS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 ACCESSING YOUR VOICEMAIL . . . . . . . . 12 ® OUR WORRY FREE GUARANTEE TO YOU . . . . . . 2 New Customer HOW TO SIGN UP FOR NEW EVERY TWO . . . . . . 3 Existing Customer GETTING STARTED . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 OVERVIEW OF TXT MESSAGING . . . . . . 13 Installing the Battery TXT COMMUNITIES . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14 Removin
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 2 WELCOME AND THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING VERIZON WIRELESS Y W You’re now connected to the power of America’s best, most reliable wireless network.* This guide will help you understand your new wireless phone and all the things you can do with it. Y For more details, please refer to the User Guide. If you ever have any questions and would like to access an online Q&A, please visit us online at www.verizonwireless.com and check out How to Use Your Phone. e
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 3 WIRELESS BASICS Your satisfaction is guaranteed on any equipment you purchase from us. We provide a 15-day satisfaction guarantee on any product you buy from us. You pay only for the service you’ve used. See Return Policy brochure for details. ® You can get a free phone every two years with New Every Two . Sign up for and maintain two years of service on a digital plan of $34.99 or higher to qualify for a free phone up to $50 or $100, depending on the
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 4 upgrade, you will need to renew your agreement for another two years on a calling G plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. If you are not currently in the T program, you can enroll by agreeing to a new 2-year term on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. You will be eligible to take advantage of the wireless device offer at the end of the 2-year term. Subject to the Customer Agreement and calling plan. You must retain the
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 5 WIRELESS BASICS GETTING STARTED The following shows key components of your wireless phone. Earpiece Outside Display LCD screen Speaker Navigation Keys Speakerphone Key Headset Jack Right Soft Key Left Soft Key Side Keys END/POWER Key CLR Key SEND Key Alphanumeric Keypad Lock Mode Key Manner Mode Key Microphone VX3450 5
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 6 Keep the power flowing. Here’s everything you need to know about your battery: Installing the Battery Insert the bottom of the battery into the opening on the back of the phone, then push the battery down until the latch clicks. Align the battery cover over the battery then slide it slightly upward until it clicks into place. Removing the Battery Turn the phone off. Slide the battery cover downward and remove it. P Use the half-moon opening near the
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 7 WIRELESS BASICS de NOTICE Triangle symbol should face up. POWERING THE PHONE ON AND OFF Turn your phone on and get ready to start calling. Powering the Phone On 1.) Install a charged battery or connect the phone to an external power source such as a cigarette lighter charger or hands-free car kit. 2.) Press for a few seconds until the LCD screen lights up. Powering the Phone Off 1.) Press and hold until the display turns off. n). 7
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 8 PLACING AND RECEIVING CALLS P Try out your new phone by making your first call. Here’s how you do it: N Placing Calls P When you make a call, follow these simple steps: A 1.) Make sure the phone is turned on. If not, press for about three seconds. N If necessary, enter the lock code. 2.) Enter the phone number. 1 2 3.) Press . 3 4.) Press to end the call. 4 Receiving Calls N 1.) To answer a call, open the flip or press . h Note: If you press Left S
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 9 WIRELESS BASICS PROGRAMMING AND USING SPEED DIAL NUMBERS Need a number fast? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with Speed Dialing. Programming Speed Dialing Numbers Allows you to set up your Speed Dials. Note: One-Touch Dial must be activated to use the Speed Dials that you set up. Access Menu -> -> -> -> Enable. 1.) Press Right Soft Key [Contacts]. 2.) Use to select an entry, then press . 3.) Press Left Soft Key [Edit]. 4.) Press Right Soft Key [Op
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 10 A Using Speed Dialing Speed Dialing allows you to make phone calls quickly and easily with a few key presses. 1 Speed Dial number 1 is set to call your Voicemail. 2 For Speed Dials 1 to 9 press and hold the Speed Dial number. For Speed Dials 10 to 99 press the first digit, then press and hold the key of the last 3 digit. S Note: Another way to Speed Dial is to enter the speed dial number(s), then press . S T CHANGING RINGERS AND TONES T When your ph
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 11 WIRELESS BASICS Adjusting Ringer Volume s. 1.) Press , , , , . 2.) Adjust the volume of the ringer with . 3.) Then press to save the volume. Setting Ringer to Vibrate Sets the phone to vibrate instead of ring ( is displayed). To quickly set Manner Mode press and hold . To return to Normal Mode, press and hold . 11
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 12 O ACCESSING YOUR VOICEMAIL When you can’t get to your phone, here’s how to check your messages: T m n New Customer N 1.) Press and hold or dial and press . M f The phone calls voicemail. r 2.) Follow the voice tutorial to set up your account. c Existing Customer 1.) and press. 2.) Input your password then press . 3.) Select to listen to your voice messages. 4.) Press to delete the message or press to save the message. 5.) Press to disconnect from
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 13 WIRELESS BASICS OVERVIEW OF TXT MESSAGING TXT Messaging is a fun and easy way to keep in touch. You can send and receive text messages right over your phone. And thanks to Enhanced TXT, your messages can now be up to 1,000 characters. Best of all, you choose the font size and style. Not available everywhere. Compatible device required. TXT Messaging charges apply per your Calling Plan. Monthly plans are available. Higher rates apply for international
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 14 T TXT COMMUNITIES W TXT Communities are a GR8 way to meet people just like you. a Start your own group or join an existing one. Feel free to invite anyone to join you. G Sign up for specific channels. Love music? Get the latest news on your favorite artists. M Receive TXT messages about movie updates and participate in polls and quizzes. S 1 2 3 N 4 5 6 14
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 15 WIRELESS BASICS TXT ALERTS With TXT Alerts, you’ll always know what you need to know. Get the final score as soon as the game is over. Get the weather before it starts raining. Go to www.vtext.com to sign up. Messages/alerts charged at Calling Plan rates or TXT Messaging Plan rates. Sending a New TXT Message 1.) Press , , . 2.) Press to enter the destination address. 3.) Enter the phone number where you want to send the message/page or the e-mail a
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 16 Predictive TXT Input Type text pressing one key per letter. Combinations are translated into common words using the letters on each key and a compressed database. 1.) Press Left Soft Key to change to [T9Word] mode. 2.) Press . 3.) Press to complete the word and add a space. 4.) Press . 5.) Call the office is displayed. 16
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 17 WIRELESS BASICS RINGTONES & GRAPHICS Liven up the look of your phone with downloadable graphics. Set graphics as background wallpaper or as a new screen saver. Personalize your phone with ringtones. Choose from current hits, pop, hip-hop and more. Go to www.vtext.com and check out our wide selection of ringtones and graphics. 17
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 18 When it comes to keeping in touch, your new phone with Verizon Wireless service is all T you’ll ever need. Nonetheless, here are some great ways to accessorize your phone. A HANDS-FREE VEHICLE KITS AND HEADSETS Headsets plug directly into your phone and include 1 a microphone and earpiece. Just plug in and let your hands enjoy their new-found freedom. 2 VEHICLE POWER CHARGERS AND HOME/OFFICE CHARGERS 3 You’ll never run out of juice when you can use
* E VX3450 QRG_1.1 9/15/06 9:13 PM Page 19 ACCESSORIES ll THREE WAYS TO ACCESSORIZE Adding accessories is as easy as 1, 2, 3 with three simple ways to expand your phone. 1.Visit our Communications Stores in person. 2.Go to www.verizonwireless.com and click on Accessories. 3.Try our Accessories Hotline at 1.866.VZ GOT IT 19
|1||LG Electronics - P500H||Cell Phone||22|
|2||LG Electronics -4600||Cell Phone||38|
|3||LG Electronics -C900B||Cell Phone||36|
|4||LG Electronics -P509||Cell Phone||20|
|5||LG Electronics -5450||Cell Phone||23|