Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Sony Laptop PCG-FXA33. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Sony Laptop PCG-FXA33.
If looking through the Sony Laptop PCG-FXA33 user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Sony Laptop PCG-FXA33 but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Sony Laptop PCG-FXA33. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
SERVICE MANUAL For American Area
Lineup : PCG-FXA32
Illust : PCG-FXA36
Information in this document is subject to change without notice. Caution Markings for Lithium/Ion Battery - The following or similar texts shall be provided on battery pack of equipment or in both the Sony and VAIO are trademarks of Sony. Intel logo and Intel Inside operating and the service instructions. logo are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. Pentium MMX is a trademark of Intel Corporation. Microsoft, MS-DOS, Windows, CAUTION: Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replace
TABLE OF CONTENTS Section Title Page Section Title Page CHAPTER 1. REMOVAL CHAPTER 2. SELF DIAGNOSTICS ...................... 2-1 1-1. Flowchart ......................................................................... 1-1 (to 2-1) 1-2. Main Electrical Parts Location Diagram ......................... 1-1 1-3. Removal ........................................................................... 1-2 CHAPTER 3. BLOCK DIAGRAM ............................... 3-1 1. Assy Hood Keyboard, Keyboard Unit ...
CHAPTER 1. REMOVAL 1-1. Flowchart BRACKET MBX-61 HDD I/O BOARD P 1-4 P 1-7 P 1-7 CNX-129 BOARD CARD P 1-4 MODEM P 1-7 PLATE BRACKET PAD PARMREST PAD TOUCH P 1-4 P 1-4 P 1-4 ASSY POWER LATCH KEYBOARD DOOR ASSY PWS-14 HOOD OFF DETECTOR UNIT BATTERY PALMREST BOARD KEYBOARD P 1-2 P 1-2 P 1-4 P 1-4 P 1-6 P 1-6 PC CARD SPEAKER SO-DIMM CONNECTOR UNIT P 1-8 P 1-8 P 1-7 COMBINATION HARNESS BATTERY SWX-74 LITHIUM DVD-ROM LCD PACK BATTERY BOARD DRIVE P 1-11 P 1-2 P 1-8 P 1-2 P 1-3 DISPLAY COOLING FPC FDD
1-3.Removal 1. Assy Hood Keyboard, Keyboard Unit 3Screw M2X4 Special Head (Black) 4Pull it up sliding it to the right. 8Screw M2X4 Special Head (Black) 6Assy Hood Keyboard q;Keyboard Unit 7 5 Four Claws 1 9 2 MBX-61 Board MBX-61 Board CON21 CON15 2. Lithium Battery, Combination Drive, DVD-ROM Drive Shield (AV) 5Lithium Battery 2Screw (M2) Special Head (Gold) Lithium Battery Four 1 Claws 3 4Combination Drive DVD-ROM Drive Confidential PCG-FXA32/FXA33/FXA35/D/FXA36 (AM) 1-2
3. Combination Drive, DVD-ROM Drive 1. FXA33/FXA35/D/FXA36 Model 6Bracket CD-ROM R 4+B M2 (X2) (Gold) 5+B M2 (X2) (Gold) 0COMBO Drive 7Spring Drive (PA-R) 8Screw (M1.7X3.5) (X3) (Black) Claw 9Assy Door DVD-RW (PA) 1+B M2 (X2) (Gold) 3Spring Drive (PA) 2Bracket (CD-ROM L) 2. FXA32 Model 5Bracket CD-ROM R 3+B M2 (X2) (Silver) 4+B M2 (X2) (Silver) 8DVD-ROM Drive 6Tapping screw (B1.7) (Black) Two claws 2Bracket (CD-ROM L) 7Assy Door DVD-ROM (Q) 1+B M2 (X2) (Silver) Confidential 1-3 PCG-FXA
4. HDD, Door Battery 1Screw M2X6 Special Head (X6) (Gold) 1Screw M3X4 (X2) (Gold) 3 3Bracket HDD 6Spacer (Keyboard) 2FPC 50Pin (for HDD) MBX-61 Board CON9 4FPC 50Pin 5HDD (for HDD) 2Screw M3X4 (X2) (Gold) 4Door Battery 5. Assy Palmrest, Pad Touch, CNX-129 Board, Plate Palmrest, Bracket Pad 3Pull it to the front slightly Assy Palmrest and raise to remove it. 1Screw M2X4 Special Head (Black) 7CNX-129 Board 9Pad Touch 4 8FPC (TP-CNX) PWS-14 Board 6FPC (SWX-PWS) BCN2 5Bracket Pad 4
6. Display Assy, Cover Hinge 1Stand the LCD upright to the MBX-61 board. 7Screw M2.6 Cross (Hole) 3+B M2 (X2) (Gold) Bind (Black) 9Screw M2X6 Special Head (X2) (Gold) 4Plate ground (SH) q;Screw +B 2X12 (Silver) qaScrew M2X6 Special Head (Gold) 2 qs 5Screw M2.6 Cross (Hole) Six Claws Bind (Black) MBX-61 Board 6Screw M2.6 Cross CON4 (Hole) Bind (X2) (Black) 8Screw (M2), 0 Number P3 Kind (Black) qdClose simultaneously both left and right hinges approximately 90° in the direction of th
7. Cooling Unit-2 1Rotate the three screws that are built together with the Cooling Unit-2. Shield Sheet (Fan) Shield Tape (Fan) 2 4Cooling Unit-2 2 3 MBX-61 Board CON14 8. PWS-14 Board, Latch Detector 2M2X4 Special Head (X2) (Black) 6PWS-14 Board 5Latch Detector 1 3 MBX-61 Board CON22 4Two Claws Confidential PCG-FXA32/FXA33/FXA35/D/FXA36 (AM) 1-6
9. PC Card Connector, Card Modem, MBX-61 Board, Bracket I/O 1Screw M2X6 Special Head (Gold) qjShield Tape (USB) 2J 2Bracket wire 2 qlBracket I/O qkScrew (HEX) (X6) (Silevr) 4+B 2X4 (Silver) 3Screw M2X4 Special Head (X3) (Black) 1 * CPU qaPC Card Connector qgNUT M2 TYPE2 (X2) w;MBX-61 Board 5Screw (MBX) CON4 (Silver) q;+B 2X14 (X2) qd 9 (Silver) qhSpacer (MBX) (X2) 6Screw M2X4 Special Head (X2) (Black) 2 * qfCard Modem 7Bracket Bay Connector qsGrip M2 (X2) (Black) 8Screw (M2) 0 Number P3 Kind
10. Speaker Unit, SWX-74 Board 6Screw M2X4 (X2) (Black) Note : When removing the speaker unit, be sure not to damage the hood keyboard. 4Screw M2X4 (X5) (Black) SWX-74 Board 7Speaker Unit JP2 3 SWX-74 Board JP3 5SWX-74 Board 8Screw M2X4 (X2) (Black) SWX-74 Board JP1 1 2 9Speaker Unit Note : To re-install it, align the notch of the speaker unit with the projection of the hood keyboard. Notch Speaker Unit Notch Hood Keyboard Projection Projection Hood Keyboard 11. SO-DIMM 1Screw M2X4 Specia
12. Card Modem (Removing from the bottom) 1Screw M2X4 Special Head (Black) 2Door Modem 3Grip M2 (X2) (Black) 5 4Card Modem Confidential 1-9 PCG-FXA32/FXA33/FXA35/D/FXA36 (AM)
13. LCD Section – Made by HI – 1. Assy Housing Bezel, LCD unit (15 inch) 1Cover Screw Side (15) (X3) 2Screw M2X3 Special Head (X3) (Gold) 3Cover Screw Shaft Assy Housing Bezel 15H-Z 4+P 2.6X6 Lock Precision b Type3 (Black) a : claw part 7 2Screw M2X3 Special Head 3Cover Screw (X3) (Gold) Shaft 1Cover Screw Side (15) (X3) c How to release the claw a b 4+P 2.6X6 Lock Precision Type3 (Black) Assy Housing Bezel 15H-Z 0 a LCD unit Assy Housing Display 15H-Z 8 Pull the Assy Housi
2. Inverter Unit, Harness LCD, FPC, Assy Housing Display 3Shield Tape (SK) 8HARNESS LCD 1Screw M2X4 2 Special Head (Black) 2 4 6 5Inverter Unit 7FPC 9Assy Housing Display 15H-Z Confidential 1-11 PCG-FXA32/FXA33/FXA35/D/FXA36 (AM)
1-4.Replacing the CPU 1. Removing the CPU 1 2 1 Insert a screwdriver tip into the groove as shown and slant it 2 The CPU can be removed upward. in the direction of the arrow. NOTE: Do not use screwdrivers having a large tip than the width of the groove. Otherwise, it may cause the groove to be damaged. The base under the CPU moves slightly in the direction of the arrow and the lock is released. 2. Installing the CPU 2 Attach the CPU while aligning the cut-out with this position. 1 1 Insert all p
1-5. Replacing Various Connectors on the MBX-61 Board Replace the connectors of “5-3. Connector Section” as follows. 1. Removing the Bracket I/O When removing the connectors of reference numbers 901, 902 and 903 (refer to page 5-7), remove the bracket I/O first. Shield Tape (USB) 2J Screw (HEX) (X6) (Silver) Bracket I/O +B 2X4 (X2) (Silver) MBX-61 Board 2. Removing the Various Connectors The connectors of reference numbers 901, 902 and 903 (Refer to page 5-7, 5-8) are connected by soldering, r
1-6. DIP Switch Setting of the MBX-61 Board Set the DIP switch on the MBX-61 board (main board) to match with the LCD that is used in this computer. Part No. of LCD DIP switch setting ON 12 3 4 The upper position where ON indication is 1-476-186-12 shown is the ON position . The lower position is the OFF position. No. 1234 ON/OFF 0100 0 : ON 1: OFF ON 12 3 4 The upper position where ON indication is A-8025-245-A shown is the ON position . The lower position is the OFF position. No. 123 4 ON/OFF
CHAPTER 2. SELF DIAGNOSTICS ATTENTION Please confirm “Self Diagnostics” method which will be informed you with distribution of “Self Diagnostics” software. Confidential 2-1 PCG-FXA32/FXA33/FXA35/D/FXA36 (AM) (END)
Secondary IDE Bus CHAPTER 3. BLOCK DIAGRAM CPU PCG-FX Series AMD Mobile Duron/Athlon 900/1000MHz BLOCK DIAGRAM Rev.A (Cache:128KB L1 64/256KB L2) (FSB 200 MHz) LCD Panel w/ Port Replicator (PCGA-PRFX1) 2001/08/27 462 PIN PGA SOCKET A 15" TFT Main Memory Port Replicator XGA 12 V IN PC100 SO-DIMM CNX-126 128MB X 1/128MB X 2 (Max.512MB) Card bus LCD Sig VA POWER CIRCUIT Signal CPU-VCC 1 DC-IN SO-DIMM SO-DIMM D RAM North Bridge Graphic CORE TV Sig Slot A Slot B NTSC/PAL SIG NAL AGP MAXIM 1711
CHAPTER 4. FRAME HARNESS DIAGRAM DC-IN USB NETWORK MONITOR PRINTER SERIAL USB PHONE 1 Rear Panel 20 LCD KEY BOARD INVERTER DC FAN FFC LED PL1 CON6 PCN1 CON13 CON11 CON2 CON1 CON3 CNX-150 Board CON21 10 1 (Side-A) 250 CON15 1 25 50 26 CPU 1 1 49 CON4 99 4 1 CON19 100 2 50 2 CON23 CON9 CON5 VIDEO OUT 1 49 CPU1 FPC CON18 EXTERNAL MICROPHONE CON17 HEADPHONE MBX-61 Board CON8 (Side-A) CON12 CARD MODEM IEEE 1394 i.LINK 143 29 CON1 1 1 HARD DISK 30 144 2 2 J1 29 1 2 30 143 1 Side 1 3 144 2 CON2 CON14 F