Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Antec SOLO II. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Antec SOLO II.
If looking through the Antec SOLO II user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Antec SOLO II but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Antec SOLO II. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
S O L O I I
SOLO II USER’S MANUAL Congratulations on your purchase of the Antec SOLO II. The SOLO II emphasizes Quiet Computing™ and reinvents Antec’s renowned Sonata line with a new set of attractive, practical features. Externally, the SOLO II’s dual-layer 1.0 mm SECC / polycarbonate top & side panels absorb noise for exceptional sound dampening. To reduce vibration-related noise, the dual hard drive mounting system gives you the option of mounting your hard drives using tray mounts with silicon
TABLE OF CONTENTS SECTION 1: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Getting to Know your Chassis ..................................................................5 1.2 Chassis Specifications...............................................................................6 1.3 Included Screws .......................................................................................6 1.4 Before you Begin ......................................................................................7 SECTION 2: HARDWARE IN
SECTION 1 INTRODUCTION 4
1.1 GETTING TO KNOW YOUR CHASSIS 8 3 4 1 6 5 7 2 8 9 1. Internal: 3 x 3.5” / 2.5”using tray mount OR 2 x 3.5” with suspension mount cables 2. Internal: 1 x 2.5” SSD (dedicated) 3. External: 2 x 5.25” 4. 1 x rear 120 mm TrueQuiet™ fan with 2-speed switch 5. 2 x front 120 mm fans (optional) and removable, washable air filters 6. Anodized aluminum front bezel 7. Front ports 8. Power supply mount 9. 7 expansion slots 5
1.2 CHASSIS SPECIFICATIONS Chassis Type Mid Tower Chassis Color Piano Black 17.3” (H) x 8.1” (W) x 18.5” (D) Dimensions 440 mm (H) x 205 mm (W) x 470 mm (D) Weight 20.2 lbs / 9.1 kg Cooling - Rear 120 mm TrueQuiet™ fan with preinstalled silicone grommets and 2-speed switch - 2 front 120 mm fan mounts (optional) - 3 x 3.5”/2.5” using tray mounts with preinstalled silicone grommets Drive Bays OR 2 x 3.5” with suspension mounting system - 2 x external 5.25” - 1 x 2.5” (dedica
1.4 BEFORE YOU BEGIN In order to ensure that your building experience with the SOLO II will be a positive one, please take note of the following: • While working inside your SOLO II, keep your chassis on a flat, stable surface. Make sure your build environment is clean, well-lit, and free of dust. • Antec chassis feature rounded edges that minimize the occurrence of hand injuries. Nonetheless, exercise caution and control when handling chassis interiors. We strongly recommend taki
SECTION 2 HARDWARE INSTALLATION 8
2.1 SETTING UP Begin by removing the left side panel by loosening the thumbscrews and swinging the panel outward, pulling it back towards you; this will completely remove it. Cut the ties on the 5.25” drive cage with a wire cutter and remove the plastic bag of screws. The SOLO II should now look like this. 9
2.2 MOTHERBOARD INSTALLATION Before proceeding: Check the manual for your CPU cooler to find out if there are steps you must do before installing the motherboard. Make sure you have the correct I/O panel for your motherboard. If the panel provided with the chassis isn’t suitable, please contact your motherboard manufacturer for the correct I/O panel. Make sure you have the correct I/O panel. The SOLO II comes with four preinstalled motherboard standoffs.
3. Screw your motherboard into the standoffs with the provided motherboard mounting screws. 2.3 INSTALLING THE KUHLER H O 2 The following instructs how to install the Antec KUHLER H O liquid CPU cooler (620 / 920). For any other 2 CPU coolers, please consult your manufacturer’s installation guide. Caution: - We strongly recommend installing the KUHLER H O only after installing the power supply (See Step 2.4). 2 PSU installation will be difficult ot
2. The TrueQuiet™ fan has two small black clips attached to the fan’s two-speed switch. With your thumb and forefinger, spread the clips while pushing from the rear of the case to remove the switch. 3. Preparing the KUHLER H O backplate is specific to your CPU socket. Please refer to the KUHLER 2 H O installation guide, available at 2 http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=Mjc2OCYxNw== (KUHLER H O 620) or 2 http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php
2. Remove the second screw with your other hand supporting the beam so the beam won’t drop. 3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the support beam screws at the rear of the case. . 4. Place the SOLO II on its side. Position the PSU into the mount and secure it with the PSU screws provided. If your PSU has a fan on its top side, make sure it aligns with the SOLO II’s top intake vent. 5. Re-attach the PSU support beam. 13
2.5 CABLE MANAGEMENT There is a cable management area between the motherboard and right side panel as well as cable hooks located on the side of the 3.5” drive cage. You can tuck excess cables in this area or route them to the drive bays. Choose the cables you would like to pass through the holes behind the motherboard tray. Pull them through the hole toward the right side of the case. For cables which will be routed directly to front drives or other internal accessories, cable
2. Attach the drive rails to your 5.25” device. These rails have three depth settings that accommodate the depth of your 5.25” drive. 3. Make sure to properly align your drive rails with your 5.25” drive. We recommend attaching one rail with one of the 5.25” drive screws and closing the bezel as a trial. Use the four 5.25” drive screws to secure your drive. 4. Slide the 5.25” drive into the appropriate drive bay. You will know the drive is secure when you hear
2.7 INTERNAL 3.5” AND 2.5” INSTALLATION (TRAY MOUNTS AND SUSPENSION MOUNTING SYSTEM) The following text outlines the preparatory stages for installing 3.5” / 2.5” drives using drives trays and the suspension mounting system. 1. If you have reattached it, remove the left side panel. Loosen the side panel screws and swing the panel outward, pulling it back towards you; this will completely remove it. 2. Remove the front bezel by locating the bezel tabs and pulling them to release
3.5” drive 2.5” drive 5. Insert the 3.5” / 2.5” drive into the drive cage by pinching the ends of the drive tray and sliding the tray along the rails until the tray locks firmly into position. 3.5” drive 2.5” drive 6. Mount any other 3.5” / 2.5” devices accordingly. For Suspension Mounting Installation: The SOLO II accommodates two 3.5” drives using the suspension mounting system. Each hard drive needs two suspenders (front and rear) to mo
4. Twist the rear suspender and guide the hard drive through it. 5. Find the appropriate power connector on the PSU and connect it to the device. 6. Repeat the same procedure for a second drive if necessary. 7. Close and secure the drive cage door. 2.8 INTERNAL 2.5” DEVICE INSTALLATION Toward the bottom-right of the motherboard tray, you will see a mount for a 2.5” device. To install a 2.5” device: 1. Align the 2.5” drive with the mounting holes w
SECTION 3 FRONT I/O PORTS 19
3.1 USB 2.0 Connect the front I/O panel USB cable to the USB header pin on your motherboard. Check your motherboard user’s manual to ensure that it matches the table below: 1 2 Pin SignalNames Pin SignalNames 1 USBPower1 2 USBPower2 3 NegativeSignal1 4 NegativeSignal2 PositiveSignal1 6 PositiveSignal2 5 Ground1 8 Ground2 7 9 Key(NoConnection) 10 EmptyPin 9 10 3.2 USB 3.0 The SOLO II comes with two front panel USB 3.0 ports and includes an inter
|1||Antec Super LANBOY||Personal Computer||34|
|2||Antec UCC13# 0761345-15300-3 NA||Personal Computer||12|
|3||Antec TWELVE HUNDRED V3||Personal Computer||51|
|4||Antec VSK2450||Personal Computer||18|
|5||Antec P193 V3||Personal Computer||32|