Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Asus Motherboard. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Asus Motherboard.
If looking through the Asus Motherboard user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Explore the detailed user manual for Asus remarkable creation, Model Motherboard. Gain valuable insights and instructions to maximize your device's capabilities and optimize your user experience. Uncover the full potential of your Asus Motherboard device through this comprehensive user manual, offering step-by-step guidance and expert tips for effortless operation and enjoyment.
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Asus Motherboard but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Asus Motherboard. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
E First Edition V1 January 2004 Contents A7V8X-LA specification summary ............................................. iii 1. Motherboard layout .................................................................. 1 2. Central Processing Unit (CPU) ................................................ 2 Installing the CPU.................................................................. 2 3. System memory ........................................................................ 3 Installing a DIMM.......
A7V8X-LA specification summary CPU Socket A for AMD Athlon™/Athlon™XP Core frequency up to Athlon™ XP 3200+ Chipset VIA KM400A VIA VT8237 Front Side Bus (FSB) 400/333/266MHz Memory 2 x 184-pin DDR DIMM sockets support up to maximum 2GB unbuffered PC2700/2100 non-ECC DDR SDRAM memory Expansion slots 3 x PCI 1 x AGP 8X/4X (1.5V) Storage 2 x UltraDMA100 IDE connectors 2 x Serial ATA connectors Integrated Graphics Integrated VIA UniChrome™ Graphics Audio Realtek ALC658 6-channel AUDIO CODEC Digit
A7V8X-LA specification summary BIOS features 4Mb Flash ROM, Award BIOS, Enhanced ACPI, DMI2.0, Green, PnP features Industry standard PCI 2.2, USB 2.0/1.1 Manageability WOL, WOR, Wake on KB, Wake on PS/2 mouse Support CD contents Device drivers ASUS PC Probe ASUS Screensaver Award BIOS Flash Utility ® Microsoft Direct X Adobe Acrobat Reader ™ Trend Micro PC-cillin 2002 Accessories User Guide ASUS A7V8X-LA support CD UltraDMA cable FDD cable I/O shield Form Factor Micro-ATX form factor: 9.6 in x 9
1. Motherboard layout 24.5cm (9.6in) PS/2KBMS T: Mouse B: Keyboard CPU_FAN Socket 462 COM1 VGA ATX12V Bottom: Top: T:USB1 1394 B:USB2 VIA CHA_FAN KM400A USB2.0 (VT8378) Top: T: USB3 RJ-45 B: USB4 Top:Line In FRONT_1394 Center:Line Out Below:Mic In VIA VT6307 Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP1) SATA2 VIA SATA1 VT6103 PCI1 VIA A7V8X-LA(KELUT) SPDI/F VT8237 PCI2 Super AUX-IN BUZZER I/O CD-IN CLPWD CLRTC PCI3 ALC658 PRONT_AUDIO FRONT_USB1 FRONT_USB2 BAT1 ASUS A7V8X-LA motherboard 1 PARALLEL PORT DDR D
2. Central Processing Unit (CPU) The motherboard comes with a Socket A (462) for the AMD processor. AMD processors offer gigahertz speeds to support all latest computing platforms and applications. The A7V8X-LA supports AMD Athlon™/Athlon XP™ 3200+ processors. This motherboard also supports 400/333/266MHz front side bus (FSB), and allows data transfers of up to 2.7 GB/s with PC2700 DDR. Each AMD CPU has a “marked” corner. This corner is usually indicated with a notch and/or a golden square or t
3. System memory The motherboard comes with two Double Data Rate (DDR) Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets. These sockets support up to 2 GB system memory using 184-pin unbuffered non-ECC PC/2700/PC2100/PC1600 double-sided DDR DIMMs. The following figure illustrates the location of the DDR DIMM sockets. A7V8X-LA(KELUT) A7V8X-LA(KELUT) 184-Pin DDR DIMM Sockets CAUTION: DIMMs are keyed to fit with only one direction. DO NOT force a DIMM into a socket to avoid damaging the DIMM. Installing a
4. Expansion slots The motherboard has three PCI slots and one Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) slot. To install and configure an expansion card: 1. Install an expansion card following the instructions that came with the chassis. 2. Turn on the system and change the necessary BIOS settings, if any. 3. Assign an IRQ to the card. Refer to the tables below. 4. Install the drivers and/or software applications for the expansion card according to the card documentation. Standard interrupt assignments
PCI slots There are three (3) 32-bit PCI slots on this motherboard. The slots support PCI cards such as a LAN card, SCSI card, USB card, and other cards that comply with PCI specifications. The figure below shows a typical PCI card installed into a slot. AGP slot This motherboard has an Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) slot that supports AGP 8X/4X cards. When you buy an AGP card, make sure that you ask for one with +1.5V specification. Note the notches on the card golden fingers to ensure that th
5. Jumpers 1. Clear CMOS (3-pin CLRTC) This jumper allows you to clear the RAM data in CMOS, except the system date and time. The RAM data in CMOS, is powered by the onboard button cell battery. To erase the CMOS RAM: 1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord. 2. Move the jumper cap from pins 2-3 (Default) to pins 1-2 (Clear CMOS). Keep the cap on pins 1-2 for about 5~10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 2-3. 3. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer. 4. Hold down the
2. Clear Password (3-pin CLPWD) This jumper allows you to clear the BIOS setup password. To erase the BIOS setup password: 1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord. 2. Move the jumper cap from pins 2-3 (Default) to pins 1-2 (Clear Password). Keep the cap on pins 1-2 for about 5~10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 2-3. 3. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer. 4. Hold down the
6. Connectors This section describes and illustrates the internal connectors on the motherboard. 1. Floppy disk drive connector (34-1 pin FLOPPY) This connector supports the provided floppy drive ribbon cable. After connecting one end to the motherboard, connect the other end to the floppy drive. (Pin 5 is removed to prevent incorrect insertion when using ribbon cables with pin 5 plug.) FLOPPY NOTE: Orient the red markings on the floppy ribbon cable to PIN 1. A7V8X-LA(KELUT) PIN 1 A7V8X-LA(KELU
3. IDE connectors (40-1 pin PRIMARY_IDE, SECONDARY_IDE) This connector supports the provided UltraDMA IDE hard disk ribbon cable. Connect the cable’s blue connector to the primary (recommended) or secondary IDE connector, then connect the gray connector to the UltraDMA100 device (hard disk drive) and the black connector to the UltraDMA100 master device. It is recommended that you connect non-UltraDMA100 devices to the secondary IDE connector. If you install two hard disks, you must configure the
4. CPU and Chassis Fan Connectors (3-pin CPU_FAN, CHA_FAN) The fan connectors support cooling fans of 350mA~740mA (8.88W max.) or a total of 1A~2.22A (26.64W max.) at +12V. Connect the fan cables to the fan connectors on the motherboard, making sure that the black wire of each cable matches the ground pin of the connector. Do not forget to connect the fan cables to the fan connectors. Lack of sufficient air flow within the system may damage the motherboard components. These are not jumpers! D
6. USB headers (10-1 pin FRONT_USB1) If the USB ports on the rear panel are inadequate, a USB header is available for additional USB ports. The USB header complies with USB 2.0 specification that supports up to 480 Mbps connection speed. This speed advantage over the conventional 12 Mbps on USB 1.1 allows faster Internet connection, interactive gaming, and simultaneous running of high-speed peripherals. You may connect a USB module to the USB header. FRONT_USB1 FRONT_USB2 A7V8X-LA(KELUT) 1 1 A7V
8. IEEE 1394 connector (10-1 pin FRONT_1394) This connector is for a 10-to-6-pin 1394 serial connector cable that connects to a 1394 module. Attach the 10-1 pin cable plug to this connector, and the 6-pin cable plug to the 1394 module. You may also connect a 1394-compliant internal hard disk to this connector. NEVER connect a USB cable to any of the IEEE 1394 connectors. Doing so will damage the motherboard! 1 A7V8X-LA(KELUT) TPA+ TPA- GND GND FRONT_1394 TPB+ TPB- +12V +12V GND A7V8X-LA(KELUT) F
10. Serial ATA connectors (7-pin SATA2, SATA1) These next generation connectors support the thin Serial ATA cables for Serial ATA hard disks. The current Serial ATA interface allows up to 150 MB/s data transfer rate, faster than the standard parallel ATA with 133MB/s (Ultra ATA133). SATA2 SATA1 A7V8X-LA(KELUT) A7V8X-LA(KELUT) SATA Connectors Important notes on Serial ATA • The Serial ATA cable is smaller and more flexible allowing easier routing inside the chassis. The lower pin count of the Se
11. System panel connector (10-1 pin FRONT_PANEL) This connector accommodates several system front panel functions. Power LED Power Button FRONT_PANEL A7V8X-LA(KELUT) HDD LED Reset A7V8X-LA(KELUT) Front Panel Audio Connector • System Power LED Lead (2-pin PLED) This 3-1 pin connector connects to the system power LED. The LED lights up when you turn on the system power, and blinks when the system is in sleep mode. • Hard Disk Activity LED Lead (2-pin HDLED) This 2-pin connector is for the HDD LE
|Asus 1 E1309 User manual
|Asus EEE PAD PC TF101 User manual
|Asus Xonar Essence Stx Sound Card E7806 User manual
|Asus P4SDX User manual
|Asus A7V8X-LA User manual
|Asus Mini Bluetooth Dongle USBBT211 User manual
|Asus Xonar Essence Stx Sound Card XONARESSENCESTX User manual
|Asus Xonar Essence Stx Sound Card 90YAA0C00UAN00Z User manual
|Asus AP100 User manual
|Sony VGC-RB50(G) User manual
|Sony Movie Studio HD Platinum Suite 11 MSPSMS11000 User manual
|Sony Hi-MD Walkman MCMD-R1 User manual
|Sony Sound Forge V.10.0 Pro SF-10000 User manual
|Sony Rechargable Battery Pack VGP-BPSC31 User manual
|Sony SMP-N100 User manual