Our goal is to provide you with a quick access to the content of the user manual for Apricorn EZ Bus DTS. Using the online preview, you can quickly view the contents and go to the page where you will find the solution to your problem with Apricorn EZ Bus DTS.
If looking through the Apricorn EZ Bus DTS user manual directly on this website is not convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Many people prefer to read the documents not on the screen, but in the printed version. The option to print the manual has also been provided, and you can use it by clicking the link above - Print the manual. You do not have to print the entire manual Apricorn EZ Bus DTS but the selected pages only. paper.
Below you will find previews of the content of the user manuals presented on the following pages to Apricorn EZ Bus DTS. If you want to quickly view the content of pages found on the following pages of the manual, you can use them.
T h e Lead er in P e r s o n a L s T o r a g e
Copyright © Apricorn, Inc. 2008. All rights reserved. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. All other trademarks and copyrights referred to are the property of their respective owners. Anytime (GB) is used in this document: One gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes; accessible capacity will be less and actual capacity depends on the operating environment and formatting. Distribution of substantively modified versions of this document is prohibited without the explicit per
TABLE OF CONTENTS 1. Itcdutnro Ino ................................................................................ 4 Sy Smte r ueq Itenmer S ...................................................................... 4 G t te In G o t wkno uro y Arp Inrco tducpro ............................................... 5 p Ack AGe c nentto S .......................................................................... 5 Fntro p Anel ..........................................................................
1. INTRODUCTION Thank you for purchasing your EZ Bus DTS system. Engineered for desktop and notebook applications, the EZ Bus Desktop family of storage & backup products has two models to choose from: USB 2.0 (EZ Bus DT) and Serial ATA/USB 2.0 (EZ Bus DTS). The EZ Bus DTS is for use with SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) hard drives and connected to any system that offers a eSATA or USB Type B port for USB 2.0/1.1 compatibility. Backing up your invaluable data has never been e
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR APRICORN PRODUCT Package Contents PC EZ Gig II Backup & Disaster Recovery Software SMART-ER - Hard Drive Monitor Microsoft SyncToy® 1.4 download Mac ShirtPocket SuperDuper! - Backup Software Synchronize! X - Synchronization software Apricorn Data Protection Suite EZ Bus DTS Stand EZ Bus DTS Enclosure eSATA to eSATA Cable Single Port eSATA PCI Bracket USB Cable AC Adapter AC Cable www.apricorn.com 5
Front Panel On/Off Switch LED activity/ Power Indicator Light Rear Panel USB Cable SATA Cable AC Adapter Connection Connection Connection 6 The Leader in Personal Storage
2. HARD DRIVE INSTALLATION EZ Bus DTS Kit hard disk drive installation instructions (the kit is shipped without a Serial ATA hard disk drive). If you purchased an EZ Bus DTS with a hard drive already installed, please proceed to page 8. Please follow the steps as below for installing your HDD into the EZ-BUS-DTS enclosure. 1. Pull and rotate the rubber 2. Gently lift the top cover. plugs. 3. Attach the cable to the hard disk drive. www.apricorn.com 7
4. Replace the top cover by 5. Screw the top cover and the inserting the tabs into the slots hard disk drive. on the bottom of the case. 6. Rotate the rubber plugs to the 7. You are now ready to use your original positions. EZ-Bus-DTS. 8. Proceed to the section on initializing, partitioning and formatting your new hard drive. 8 The Leader in Personal Storage
3. CONNECTING YOUR EZ BUS DTS You have two choices for setting up your EZ Bus DTS. You may use either the eSATA to eSATA cable or the USB cable provided: For use with the eSATA cable on a system with a pre-installed eSATA card: 1. Start by turning off your computer. 3. Connect the eSATA cable to the eSATA port at the rear of the EZ Bus DTS and the other end to an available port on your pre-installed eSATA card 4. Connect the AC adapter at the rear of the EZ Bus DTS and then plug into an av
Installing the Single Port eSATA PCI Bracket Installing the Single Port eSATA PCI Bracket applies only for Desktop computers. The desktop computer must be equipped with a SATA compatible motherboard, an open SATA port and open PCI bracket insert on the case. Please consult the manufacturers documentation for compatibility and instructions on how to open the case and find the appropriate port. Anytime you make a connection to a port directly on the motherboard extreme caution should be obs
4. SOFTWARE Before You Backup! With more of your work and personal life becoming digitized, backups are essential. Backups protect and preserve precious data, music files, digital photos, digital videos and other important computer documents from being lost forever. The following next few steps are recommendations to consider before backing up, to help the process run smoothly: 1. Ensure there are no file system errors by running Windows Check Disk (or a similar check disk utility) on your
EZ Gig II installation instructions for Windows Vista: Windows Vista’s User Account Control helps stop unauthorized changes to your computer. The User Account Control window pops up in Administrator Approval Mode whenever a program tries to install on your Windows Vista system. If the User Account Control window does not pop up, please skip to the EZ Gig II installation. When the User Account Control window pops up there will be a warning symbol and message that reads, “A program needs you
EZ Gig II for Windows 1. Insert Apricorn CD into your CD-ROM drive. 2. Setup screen will pop up. Click Install EZ GIG II button. 3. EZ Gig II installation screen will pop up. 4. Follow instructions for installation. www.apricorn.com 13
Read all instructions carefully before cloning. This is only a quick overview of how to use Disk Clone in Typical Mode. For detailed instructions including the custom options read Chapter 10 “Transferring the system to a new disk” located in the EZ Gig II User Guide located on the Apricorn software CD that came with your Apricorn product. Alternately if you have installed EZ GIG II on Windows, go to: start/All Programs/Apricorn/ Apricorn EZ Gig II/Apricorn EZ Gig II User Guide Cloning y
4. When you see the Welcome to the Disk Clone Wizard! screen. Click Next to continue. 5. The Clone Mode screen will appear. Select typical and click Next to continue. 6. If the hard disk drive to receive the cloned data is new or blank, proceed to step 10. If the hard disk drive to receive the cloned data either contains data or is formatted, proceed to step 7. www.apricorn.com 15
7. The Source Hard Disk screen will appear. Select the appropriate source hard disk. The interface and disk size can be used to help identify the correct disk number. Click Next to continue. 8. The Destination Hard Disk screen will appear. Select the appropriate destination hard disk. The destination hard disk is typically your new hard disk drive. Click Next to Continue. 16 The Leader in Personal Storage
9. The Nonempty Destination Hard Disk screen will appear when you have selected to transfer data to a drive that already contains data. If you have chosen the proper source and destination drives, then select the “Delete partitions on the destination hard disk” button. Click Next to continue. Note: If you need to confirm that you have selected the proper source and destination drives, click the Back button to check. 10. The next screen outlines the operations that Disk Clone will perfor
Do not turn your computer off during this process. However, your computer will reboot itself during the clone process (this is normal) and you should let the process continue until you see the congratulations screen. When the congratulations screen appears, turn off your computer using the power button. Then unplug the Apricorn product from the computer. DO NOT REBOOT THE COMPUTER WITH A CLONED HARD DRIVE IN THE Apricorn product. To do so may alter some settings of the Windows operat
Read all instructions carefully before cloning. This is only a quick overview of how to use Create Image Wizard in Typical Mode using the default options. For detailed instructions including how to set the options manually read Chapter 5 “Creating Backup Archives” located in the EZ Gig II User Guide located on the Apricorn software CD that came with your Apricorn product. Alternately if you have installed EZ GIG II on Windows, go to: start/All Programs/Apricorn/ Apricorn EZ Gig II/Apric
4. This will bring up the Welcome to Create Image Wizard window. Click Next to continue. 5. At the Partition Selection screen, select the disk or partition(s) you would like to back up by checking the appropriate box. Click Next to continue. 6. At the Backup Image Location window, find your Apricorn product (it may have the name Apricorn, and the drive letter will vary depending on the configuration of your computer). 20 The Leader in Personal Storage
|1||Sony 7819900133||Computer Drive||11|
|2||Sony BDX-S500U||Computer Drive||23|
|3||Sony 2GN||Computer Drive||18|
|4||Sony 500gb External Hard Disk Drive HDEG5B||Computer Drive||16|
|5||Sony AITi260||Computer Drive||21|